Talk

Advanced search

Anyone come across Dr. Sue Lamb who featured in 'Help Me To Love My Baby' on Channel Four?

(9 Posts)
ParkDweller Wed 01-Jul-09 00:51:56

I'm having a very hard time with bonding, loving etc. Guilt about this makes it impossible to talk to anyone about it.

I saw this program a couple of years ago and i remember that the psychotherapist Dr Sue Lamb seemed increadibly gentle, sensitive and sensible. Bit of a long shot, but I wondered if anyone has come across her and knows whether she sees patients.

Thanks.

Tryharder Wed 01-Jul-09 08:30:32

sad

I don't know of Dr Lamb but bumping for you.

How old is your lo? Have you seen your own HV/GP? They might be more helpful than you think.

I hope you can get the help you and your lo need

mousemole Wed 01-Jul-09 08:42:01

I would contact the channel it was on and I am sure they could help you track her down. I saw it too and I think it was on Channel 4 ?

MrsSnoops Wed 01-Jul-09 14:23:55

It may well be worth talking to your health visitor. I had troubles with my daughter and was referred to a psychologist at a Parent-Infant Mental Health Service. She has been very kind and supportive and it feels like a very safe environment. It has helped no end. Have a chat with your HV or Dr and maybe see if there is somewhere you can be referred.
Good Luck.

akhems Wed 01-Jul-09 14:41:14

I think she works at the Tavistock but I might be wrong on that one.. the company who made the programme are called twentytwenty or something.

I know one of the ladies who was featured and have asked if she can come and give you some info but not sure if she'll be able to or not.

Hope you get the support you need.. I had similar with my daughter and she's nearly 19 now.

samplesale Wed 01-Jul-09 23:43:38

The programme was filmed at the Anna Freud Centre, which is just round the corner from the Tavistock, in Finchley (North London).
I had help from them with my problems with bonding with my baby. Many hours in that same room that was in the programme. sad It was not Dr Sue Lamb but other psychotherapists at the centre. They were very kind and sensible, and I really really would urge you to seek professional help, either there or elsewhere, if you feel things aren't going right. It is never too late to turn things around.
Parkdweller, also, do feel free to CAT me if you want to chat off-line. I have changed my talk name as I am still ashamed of my experiences (I empathise with what you say absolutely about feeling guilty so not talking to people about it), but I will keep this name till the weekend if you want to talk. Having been through it and come out the other end, I would really like to be able to help if I can.

zoena Thu 02-Jul-09 14:04:08

hi the therapist on the programme help me love my baby that aired in december 2007 was not sue lamb but amanda jones who works for the north east mental health trust, i was on the first show xxx

zoena Thu 02-Jul-09 14:06:16

dont know if you would be able to get her personally, but if the ann freud centre is close they will be able to help as sample sale says, the centre is fabulous and has such a welcoming feel, however i have no idea how you would get to be seen there as mine was obviously all done through the producers of the show, if you want any more help please ask, ps my programme was called 'zoe and izzy' x

ParkDweller Sat 04-Jul-09 01:36:24

Thank you all so much. -You've been so kind. And specially so kind of you to share similar experiences.

Thanks for setting me straight on the name Zoena. Don't know where i got 'Sue Lamb' from. I remember your programme well and i was very moved by it. (I wonder if you felt that it accurately portrayed your experiences and the help that you received?)

I feel encouraged that some of you have come through this kind of thing.

I did call the Anna Freud Centre but i got the impression that they only see parents with kids up to 12 months. My poor DS is 20 months.

We are in a fairly close community and i don't feel able to discuss with GP. -Too scared of anyone finding out.

SampleSale, thanks to you especially. I don't know how to CAT but i will try to do it tomorrow and see if i can catch you.

Thank you, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now