Talk

Advanced search

My daughters friend is picking on me, lol!!

(7 Posts)
Emsy32 Tue 30-Jun-09 20:52:56

Hi everyone, I'm new to mumsnet so please forgive me if i'm not up to speed with the text talk and abbreviations etc. I just wanted to know if any1 else had this problem in the past or currently. My daughters friend at school keeps saying horrible things about me to my daughter, which is upsetting my daughter and me!! My daughter who is nearly 6 is starting to question whether there is something wrong with me because of what her friend is saying, which is very distressing for me!! has anyone else had this problem?

Pepa Tue 30-Jun-09 21:13:25

Don't have experience of this but just wanted to say welcome to Mumsnet!...sure someone helpful will be along soon.

hester Tue 30-Jun-09 21:17:19

Hi Emsy. Welcome to Mumsnet and don't worry about not being up with text talk - it's not fashionable here anyway! I haven't had this experience as a parent, but I had it as a child (my mum worked at my primary school, so you can imagine). My advice would be to stay completely cool about it in front of your daughter; she is upset because she thinks it will upset you, so show her it doesn't. Explain to her that her 'friend' has just found a way of being mean to her, and it won't work if she just treats it as silly. Give her a couple of easy lines that she can say and then just walk away, like, "Well, it's a good thing she isn't your mum then, isn't it?" or "You're just jealous because my mum's so cool" or something.

Emsy32 Tue 30-Jun-09 22:23:44

Thanks Pepa! and thank you Hester!! it's really been bugging me. I've never even spoke to my daughters friend and so she doesn't really know me, so i really do think she is just doing it to be mean to my daughter! My daughter has a best friend who has been round to play on many occcasions and she hasn't said anything horrible so it is just this one little girl!
I know kids will be kids, and they all say horrible things, but it's just so horrible to see my daughter upset and questioning why this girl thinks her mommy is "weird"!! her words not mine!! I think your right hester, it's probably best to play it cool and try not to make a big issue out of it. I tend to get quite het up about things, which just makes the situation worse. I shall try out the playing it cool tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks Hester

LucyTich Mon 03-Aug-09 14:43:10

I'm glad I found this thread. My daughter is 10 and so is her friend. The problem is they've been friends since they were really small and for the last year or so has been quite outspoken in what she says. Like "you're mum always says no" or she will be quite outspoken and just say what she thinks. This friend is very very clever and you could have an adult convo with her! Its getting to a stage where my daughter is picking up on the fact I'm liking her friend less and less.

What should I do?

danthe4th Mon 03-Aug-09 20:03:20

What is she saying thats so horrible? I would invite her round for tea and have it out with her, and when her mum comes to collect her invite her in for a cuppa, should be interesting. Lol.

LucyTich Tue 04-Aug-09 14:28:36

She just judges everything my daughter does and it is never good enough and picks holes etc. She once went into her wardrobe and criticized a nice dress saying it was ugly. As far as her parents are concerned, thats a no go my daughter will get it next day at school by telling other friends my daughter snitched on her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now