Talk

Advanced search

The joys of a teething baby!

(6 Posts)
lovelylula Mon 29-Jun-09 21:52:20

My 19 week old baby has all of a sudden become very very grizzly and I can only put this down to teething?..... her mouth area was full of spots earlier today but then an hour later all clear?

Her cheeks were so red and I found it impossible to appease her, could she be teething? also I noticed her nappies smelt more than usual, I have heard that more ammonia is produced in the urine when a baby starts to teeth??

Poor thing took ages to settle tonight, quite stressful and didn't help when daddy arrived home from hard days work and enquired ' when will the tea be ready'.....i could get quite cross at times!

Any advice on teething would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance on this stuffy evening! x

MatNanPlus Mon 29-Jun-09 23:40:46

If she is still unsettled then a dose of pain med - calpol / nurofen.

Ashton & Parsons Powders are good for teething and can be given as often as possible.

A knotted muslin or sippy cup spout to chew on can help.

lovelylula Tue 30-Jun-09 12:10:36

Thanks MatNanPlus, I will stock up on the Ashton Powder x

sarahrhianna Wed 01-Jul-09 12:46:29

in the same situation here too, though my DS is only 16 weeks. Am hoping teeth are a way off as had to stop breastfeeding DD1 when her first tooth came through as she liked a good bite!

Teething gel, teething rings from fridge, ashton & parsons, Calpol all good and I find putting pressure on the soles of his feet with my thumbs seems to apease him a bit for some strange reason.

lovelylula Wed 01-Jul-09 23:10:45

Thanks Sarahrhianna, hope you are bearing this heat, have a feeling the hot weather may also be addin to the problem, tonight it took me 2 hours to get my little one to settle, thanks for the info x

Pingpong Wed 01-Jul-09 23:16:52

My DD got her first tooth through at 15.5 weeks. Early teething is not fun
The 'active' ingredient in the Ashton and Parsons is the homeopathic remedy chamomilla and you can give a baby 6c or 30c pillules (dissolved in boiling water and allowed to cool) as frequently as you require.
The chamomilla helps soothe upset tummies and irratableness associated with teething.
I only found out about homeopathy in November but haven't used calpol or ibuprofen since.
You can buy chamomilla in Boots or health food shops or online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now