Talk

Advanced search

you little fibber!

(3 Posts)
wikikki Mon 29-Jun-09 18:11:30

Hi there mums,
my almost 3 yr old DD has just discovered the art of telling fibs and was wondering if you might have some advice for how to deal with it? What strategies have been successful for you + are there any children's books on the market that deal with this topic?
Many thanks as always for your help.
ps funny that this has coincided with the arrival of DS, now 2 1/2 weeks old...?

contonsmum Mon 29-Jun-09 19:34:43

Oh...I should write a book.. My Ds started to tell porky pies at around 3yrs. He would do something, I would give him a row and he would stand in front me tears streaming down the face sying "I never " "you never believe me"
He's now 20 and will still ever own up to anything and blatanly lies even though he knows you know (lol) he's lying.
It's the fear of a row, or punishment.Well it was with him. I used to say things like " Do you think that you may have took that that off your brother without realising it" And if they admit to that then say well give it back apologize and the next time i ask you try and "remember" sooner so that we don't have to waste any of your playtime finding out the truth. But to be perfectly honest i think that if it's their natural instinct it may be unmouldable.

a 4yo I look after has recently started this, including things such as she told me the other day her daddy was a fireman ( he's not he's a layabout hmm)

Will be watching for replies with interest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now