Talk

Advanced search

what are the options? Three weeks of school left and he's playing up.

(11 Posts)
Pwsimerimew Mon 29-Jun-09 16:15:16

hi, I'm back again with my tail between my legs.
DS 10yo has had two weeks of doing no work, being disruptive and cheeky. Was sent home last Monday afternoon for bad behaviour.

No better today, feet on the table, answering back etc. For those who have heard my cries for help before, you'll know that he's a good, caring, loveable boy at home.

I can't cope with another 3 weeks of this, let alone 5 more years. I'm living in hope that going up to secondary school with make things better, i.e relieve boredom, give him different faces for different lessons etc.

I've told the Head last week, " If he pushes over the tables and chairs again, I'll be a 100% behind you calling the police" which she refused to do. I think he needs to know that he can't get away with it and needs a shock.

What are my options? Grin and bare (sp?) it for 3 more weeks? Keep him home? SHow him the local borstal? HELP!!!! AAARGGGHHHHHH

By the way, CAMHS have decided that he doesn't have Aspergers' and the Dr found him to be a " pleasant young boy who was able to develop a good rapport with me. It was a pleasure to spent time with him".
I have orderred two books from the library to read (even more things to read) : Riasing Boys and 1,2,3 Magic.
I'm dreaming about sending him again to school such is my desperation.

Pwsimerimew Mon 29-Jun-09 16:16:32

sending him away to school I mean

jeffily Tue 30-Jun-09 21:52:23

Hmm. i don't want to suggest that the school is not a good one, but if he is fine at home could is not be a problem with the school? It sounds to me like he doesn't have the boundaries he needs in place at school. Is he in Yr6? You may well find that going from being a big fish in a small pond to a very little fish in a big pond when he makes the move the 2ndary school helps. wink No real words of wisdom to offer you, just wanted to give you a response!

ICANDOTHAT Wed 01-Jul-09 09:26:12

How different is he at home? Is it a case that he becomes a completely different child at school? If so, it's got to be purely environmental ie: does he have any learning difficulties that he is masking with poor behaviour. Just a thought.

buy1get1free Wed 01-Jul-09 17:36:29

BUMP

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Jul-09 21:47:36

Thanks for your responses - my internet has been down since yesterday.
Jeffily - you're the second one to say "big fish..." today. Do I know you??? Cross fingers that high school will suit him better.

ICANDO. He's really a nice boy, as I don't have any other 10yr old boys, I'm guessing he's like everyone else. Has occasional strops and sulks, doesn't like going to bes, otherwise he's perfect.

The recent "I.Q" test at CAMHS shows that he has significant deficit in social comprehension (?) , but they think he'll teach him self these unwriten rules as he gets older.
Feeling better again by today, but it does get me down when the school is constantly on his case.

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Jul-09 21:49:10

What does BUMP mean please?

LynetteScavo Wed 01-Jul-09 21:50:58

Has he only behaved like this with his current teacher? It sounds like he's seeing how far he can push the boundaries to me.

LynetteScavo Wed 01-Jul-09 21:51:56

BUMP is jsut to make it come up in active conversations again. smile

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Jul-09 22:08:33

Oh okay! Thanks.

I have to be honest, he was disruptive in his first school too . We moved here three years ago. There is a definate personality clash between his teacher and him, but I can't beleive the change in him whilst at school.
Its like he's two different person. I'm not denying his behaviour at school. Just confused by it.
Hard work innit?

LynetteScavo Wed 01-Jul-09 22:14:10

What triggers his bad behaviour? Is he bored? Frustrated? Showing off? Angry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now