Talk

Advanced search

Do you wake the baby?

(8 Posts)
Tee2072 Mon 29-Jun-09 02:47:25

My DS is 2 weeks and 3 days old. I just woke up in a panic because it had been 4 hours since he had stirred and he's been eating every 3.5 - 4 hours.

He's fine, sleeping away (now I'm awake, of course!).

So, would you wake your baby in this case, or let him sleep until he wakes on his own? I don't have him on a schedule, BTW, just feeding him on demand.

jabberwocky Mon 29-Jun-09 03:30:18

As long as his weight is not an issue I would let him sleep!

HeadFairy Mon 29-Jun-09 03:31:55

I did until ds was about 6 weeks old. My hv told me I ought to when they're really newborn as they don't always wake themselves up if they're hungry. One other thing that would concern me at the moment is the warm weather, so if it were me, I probably would wake your ds up for a feed.

Loopymumsy Mon 29-Jun-09 12:58:26

Message withdrawn

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Mon 29-Jun-09 13:21:10

if during the day no, definately, I used to and ALWAYS had a grumpy upset tired baby on my hands! if night though I would check nappies, my DS always woke when he was hungry but I did have a friend with a very sleepy baby and in the 1st 3/4weeks she did wake him every 5 hours at night

fortyplus Mon 29-Jun-09 13:25:10

Mine both slept about 11pm till 6am from around a month old. If it's only at night and he isn't going more than 4 hours during the day then I'd say count your blessings! smile

herbgarden Mon 29-Jun-09 17:54:34

During the day when DD and DS were little I woke every 3 - 4 hours to make sure they got enough feed in them that they weren't waking so often at night. Although it's great if they sleep well and give you a break (my DD did - it was marvellous) in the day if you find they're waking up a lot at night to feed you might find waking during the day a bit might help that. They do settle down as they get bigger though and sleep and feed less and find their own pattern - at 2 - 3 weeks things are still very up in the air.

herbgarden Mon 29-Jun-09 18:10:59

PS I never woke at night time....just count your blessings if they leave you alone then and get some kip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now