Talk

Advanced search

Mums with toddler boys - what colour is their bedroom carpet and does it hide stains well!

(20 Posts)
ministryofsleep Sun 28-Jun-09 19:29:39

Redecorating DS1 and 2's bedroom, they have a cream carpet atm (was decorated pre children grin ) and need something indestructible as this one is trashed. Was thinking of going for dark blue?

zeke Mon 29-Jun-09 14:16:48

Darkish cream with darker flecks in it with a kind of patterned pile. Sounds horrible, but actually quite nice. Hides stains pretty well.

thisisyesterday Mon 29-Jun-09 14:17:45

we have beige-y kind of colour.

doesn't get trashed because they are not allowed pens/paints/food/drink in their room

suwoo Mon 29-Jun-09 14:20:14

After carpets getting trashed in the past we now have laminate in the kids bedroom with a nice rug.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Mon 29-Jun-09 15:32:21

Beige/sand colour, but almost all of it is hidden beneath 2 rugs. Cheaper to replace rugs than carpets.

No pens, food, drinks, toys, allowed upstairs.

pranma Mon 29-Jun-09 17:04:15

mushroom with a big stripey rug[multi-coloured]

ABetaDad Mon 29-Jun-09 17:12:10

As per MaybeAfterBreakfast beige but no food, drink allowed anywhre but kitchen and pens and toys allowed in playroom. No shoes anywhere.

People comment they cannot beleive kids live in our house but it is just a matter of keeping muck in as few places as possible to make cleaning easier and less tidying required.

mrsjammi Mon 29-Jun-09 17:16:26

Message withdrawn

bodiddly Mon 29-Jun-09 17:33:46

go for a wood floor ... it is sooo easy to maintain - far, far better than carpet!

bubblagirl Mon 29-Jun-09 17:36:39

carpet is dark beige walls mid blue on bottom light blue on top but done in the trade paint very scrubable also have rugs on his floor

but only allow pens in living room and im not too harsh on food snacky food but dinner living room we dont have dining room

MummyDragon Mon 29-Jun-09 21:38:18

I'm too lazy to monitor whether my kids have pens etc in their bedrooms .... beige/brown carpets seem to hide a multitude of sins smile and Vanish carpet stain remover is brilliant!

BananaFruitBat Mon 29-Jun-09 21:42:51

DO NOT GET A DARK BLUE CARPET !

Sorry for 'shouting', but DS's carpet hasn't looked clean since the day it was put down!

lynniep Mon 29-Jun-09 21:44:06

ah, we have laminate - twas like that when we moved in. It shows up ALL the dustballs, but I think I'd rather see them!

risingstar Mon 29-Jun-09 22:18:04

never ever ever ever ever go for dark blue- it will show absolutely everything-really every bit of fluff and dust. we had one in the lounge in our old house. it looked great when vacuumed and stayed looking that way for all of 15 seconds- seriously do not buy dark blue!

flowerybeanbag Mon 29-Jun-09 22:23:03

Please don't get dark blue. It will look lovely just vacuumed as risingstar says but otherwise will look horrendous.

DS has cream and a big rug. But actually neither are trashed anyway. There's never anything in his room that could trash it, other than bodily fluids! Drinks, paints, drawing and colouring equipment and food are all downstairs things here.

Waswondering Mon 29-Jun-09 22:25:00

Ds's is dark blue.

Don't do it.

It shows everything!

corriefan Mon 29-Jun-09 22:39:43

floorboards and washable rug!

LupusinaLlamasuit Mon 29-Jun-09 22:45:39

I know vinyl isn't very eco-friendly but we have the one on the bottom left here with roads on

It ia BRILLIANT. You can buy it from a certain large chain of flooring shed shops - it was just that this was the only picture of it I could find on Google...

AintMisbehaving Mon 29-Jun-09 23:48:05

We bought a cheap rug from Argos with road scene. Pattern was so busy that it hid most things. This was also over vinyl

When the kid got older we threw out the rug and strangely the vinyl looked as good as they day it was put down.

ministryofsleep Tue 30-Jun-09 11:43:12

thanks everyone - DS's aren't allowed paint, food etc in their rooms but the carpet is trashed from grubby footprints, spilled medicine etc and looks dirty rather than anything else - that's why I was thinking of blue. Will have to have a rethink now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now