Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

18mnth old with bad wind problems-help

(6 Posts)
PaigeMorgan Sat 14-May-05 13:45:13

hey

my dd is 18mnths and gets really bad wind. its disturbing her sleep as her tummys so bloated.

what can i do?

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 14-May-05 13:55:29

Have you tried a bit of baby massage before you put her to bed?

There is a particular technique used in baby massage for wind.

charleepeters Sat 14-May-05 14:39:12

have you tried all the usual i.e gripe water, infacol????

amy2310 Wed 18-May-05 00:00:24

Hi

What really worked for my dd is Gripe Water she is also 18months and every night before she went to bed she looked like she had swollowed a football it really did work for me (or should I say her!) Also laying her on her stoach while she was sleeping was a good way of getting rid of it too.

Hope this helped xx

swedishmum Thu 19-May-05 02:20:01

Hi
You may notice the time of my post. That is because I am awake with dd (baby no 4) - aka the bottom burp monster. Will be road testing any advice!

knat Sun 29-May-05 20:51:27

Have you tried colccynthus powders (cucumber powder). You can get it from the chemist although it is expensive at £7.70 for 40 powders. Some GP's will prescribe it though. My dd has always been windy and we ending up sticking to infacol but at 18 months she would still really suffer so we tried this and it does help and most days we just give one before her tea and you hear the wind come out It certainly seems to help. Before using this when she had her evening milk before bed she would squirm a lot - we very rarely get that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now