Talk

Advanced search

DD plays at leaving home...shes 15mths???!!!???

(9 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Thu 25-Jun-09 10:20:18

DD has been given an In the night garden lunchbox which is her bag. She has taken to picking up the bag coming over to me,kissing me and walking towards the living room door waving. When she gets to the door she comes back and does the whole thing again, and again must have been 30 times the other night.

I didn't realise they could play such games at this age......

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Thu 25-Jun-09 10:24:22

LOL, my 17 month old is obsessed with saying goodbye and we get the whole waving/kissing routine if she even goes into another room!

My 6yo niece is particularly good at leaving home though. Any time you tell her off you can hear the scraping of the suitcase wheels across her bedroom floor

I think it's normal, she's not practising

LoveBeingAMummy Thu 25-Jun-09 10:33:20

Bless it was so cute the first 20 timese grin

I guess it caught me out a bit, I really had no idea that babies could think up these games....

MumofJTM Thu 25-Jun-09 10:34:08

Same here with my DS - aged 22 months. He says goodbye, waves and disappears into the kitchen - I think he likes the bit when he comes back, peeps his head around the door and shouts hello, and I make a big fuss about how lovely it is to see him again! It's very funny! Just go with it for now, I would say - perhaps she's doing what she's seen mummy or daddy doing when they go out to work or to shops or something?

MumofJTM Thu 25-Jun-09 10:35:00

Could she be looking for a reaction from you?

LoveBeingAMummy Thu 25-Jun-09 19:33:01

Thnaks, not quite sure what you mean when you say looking for a reaction....

totalmisfit Thu 25-Jun-09 19:40:33

oh my dd used to do this - i had completely forgotten till i saw your thread. So cute, she used to pack her little bag and say 'bye'. it's their way of playing at being independent, very cute.

MumofJTM Fri 26-Jun-09 08:29:24

LovingBeingaMummy - sorry - didn't explain properly - wasn't meaning to be rude or anything. just wondered if she was trying to start a game with you and had some idea of how she wanted you to react i.e. join in the game? Just a thought . . .

LoveBeingAMummy Fri 26-Jun-09 09:10:54

Oh right.....lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now