Advanced search

How tactile is your child?

(9 Posts)
sleepycat Wed 24-Jun-09 14:01:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepycat Wed 24-Jun-09 14:30:02

SusieDerkins Wed 24-Jun-09 14:33:22

Ds1 (4.6) - not very. The odd cuddle but that's about it.

Ds2 (3.6) - very. Cuddles, kisses, "I love you mummy".

If I say to them "can I have a cuddle?" ds2 will practically fall over himself to give me one but ds1 will look suspiciously at me and give me a bit more of a manly pat and then get on with what he's doing.

WowOoo Wed 24-Jun-09 14:35:13

Mine's very tactile too. Would not say mine is insecure nor yours either from what you've said.

Ds especially likes my bum so I need to get dressed super quickly after a shower grin

I think it's nice and know that in years to come he won't want to come near me so am enjoying all the arm feeling while I can!

cheerfulvicky Wed 24-Jun-09 20:13:37

For those of you with NON-tactile DC's, can I ask how soon you noticed they were like that? It seems its just a personality thing (unless various siblings have had vastly different upbringings, which I doubt) so does that mean you can notice quite early on?

DS is almost 10 months and is fairly self contained, he doesn't really nestle and likes to be put down after a short while, doesn't ever fall asleep on me or need cuddles to sleep. He likes being held but just to look around. Apparently I was the same as a baby, would never cuddle but used to perch on my mums arm.
Is that just him, then?

sleepycat Wed 24-Jun-09 21:32:01

ilikeyoursleeves Wed 24-Jun-09 21:42:30

My DS is 20 months and has always liked to be fairly close to me but over the last month or so he's become very tactile, he leans over to kiss me about 5 times within 5 minutes of getting up in the morning, throws his arms round me, loves to climb all over me and yesterday insisted on holding my hand all the way back from nursery even though daddy was pushing him in his trike. But I have to admit, I love it! He is so sweet and I love all the kisses and cuddles so I say enjoy it while it lasts Sleepycat!

HeadFairy Wed 24-Jun-09 21:44:34

my ds is pretty tactile with me, it can be a bit too much sometimes so I know what you mean sleepycat, but like you I haven't the heart to stop him sometimes. He likes to sit near me or stand near me if I'm sitting on the floor and have his had at the nape of my neck playing with my hair. Sometimes he'll hang off me all day.

We used to take naps together, a bit of a hang up from when he was a baby and I used to have him in his moses basket next to the bed while I had a nap. Eventually as he got older we'd nap together in bed, but the past few months he's been really clingy, wrapping his arms around me and sleeping with his face pressed up against mine. However, lately he's been asking to go in to his cot to sleep (maybe it's too warm in bed with me in summer) which is a bit of a breakthrough and rather nice as I have a snooze listening to the radio now

I must admit, despite it being a bit of an irritation sometimes, I quite like ds's touchy feeliness. It's really quite sweet sometimes when we're in the playground and he calls me over for a hug and a kiss.

sleepycat Wed 24-Jun-09 21:48:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now