Talk

Advanced search

DS1 (4 years) obsessed with breasts...

(12 Posts)
nybom Mon 22-Jun-09 15:18:02

just wondering wether this was normal for his age:

DS1 has been increasingly obsessed with breasts for the last half year or so.

he flirts with girls (aged 15-25), and i mean flirt, he even tries to touch them (breasts).

as we are speaking, he has drawn two breasts, and has run out to our good-looking buxom blond (pregnant) neighbour. he said:

"guess what this is. it is not an eye..."

this was all i could understand dared to listen to before i hid my face under the table and held my ears shut.

so embarassing... blush

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 22-Jun-09 17:30:44

grin Did you BF for a long time?

nybom Mon 22-Jun-09 17:46:33

erm... yes... well, until his 3rd birthday. but he didn't seem (particularly) interested in them then.

i think it might be the influence of the media...?

Geocentric Mon 22-Jun-09 17:49:15

My 6 yr old saw me getting changed the other day (well, walking around the house half-dressed looking for my top!!) and said 'mummy, you look so beautiful like that' and just in case I hadn't understood he pointed at my breasts and said again 'like that'. grin

I can see which is going to be his fave part of the female anatomy!! lol

theDreadPirateRoberts Mon 22-Jun-09 17:49:16

My friend's Ds was the same at 4 (and 5, and 6...), and DS has been more interested in breasts since about 4.5. Think it's just them being scrotes normal interest. Seem to remember drawing willies with friends at a similar age (but wouldn't have dreamt of showing an adult shock)

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 22-Jun-09 17:50:40

Hmm. It depends on what sort of things you are allowing him to watch.
Does he not just see breasts as a milk-making machine? I don't think he's flirting, he's way too young for this. IME, small boys that turn on the charm are after something. If you BF for a long time he'll see breasts as a thing of comfort rather then something sexual. He's probably facinated as he's had a lond attachment to yours.

Geocentric Mon 22-Jun-09 17:51:55

My DS just thinks they're pretty, totally innocent.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 22-Jun-09 17:52:00

long attachment I mean.

nybom Mon 22-Jun-09 20:18:02

it doesn't seem innocent at all...

he always blushes and goes all shy when he sees pretty girls or women. he doesn't refer to them as "girls" but "those with long hair", and he follows them with his eyes (e.g. when we're stuck in a traffic jam and there's a car with some pretty girls next to us).

recently, at an indoor play area, there was a really attractive mum of a child a smiliar age to DS1, and he suddenly acted all helpless. they played lion family: she was mummy lion, and he and her son were supposed to be baby lions, but he said he wanted to be the DADDY lion... hmm

and last time, on holiday, he had a harem of half a dozen teenage girls who fussed over him - wrapping him in towels after he went swimming (being carried around by one of them as he can't actually swim), providing him with a constant supply of hot chocolate and sweets.

i don't know where he picked that behaviour up...

Geocentric Mon 22-Jun-09 20:45:06

Oh dear... very different from my DS, I'm afraid! But perhaps if you ignore it a bit he'll grow out of it?
<sticking head in sand emoticon>

nybom Mon 22-Jun-09 20:52:52

yeah... i'm not tooooo concerned but DH is seriously worried... (and he doesn't worry about many things).

he say it's down to BF, but i don't think so...

honestly, i think DS1 will be in the papers for seducing a teacher/babysitter/or similar at some point the way he acts...

barnsleybelle Mon 22-Jun-09 21:03:50

Totally normal. Ds went through something similar but was a bit younger.
You just have to teach him what behaviour is appropriate and what isn't and he'll soon catch on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now