Talk

Advanced search

4 Year old twins - One being a 'handful' putting it mildly

(2 Posts)
lorraineowen Sun 21-Jun-09 20:36:53

Hi, we have 4 year old boy/girl twins, my DD is certainly not perfectly behaved but copeable! My DS on the other hand has just started having tantrums if he is not getting what he wants etc. He wants to wind everyone up,its difficult to explain, but he is being really lippy, answering back,he hits or pinches, not too hard but he is pushing boundaries all the time, we currently are putting him in time out for 4 minutes, but that really does not seem to bother him at all. Not sure what else to do to punish him or if i should be praising the good etc, any reaction from us seems to be what he wants but also the other hand it really needs to be delt with, any help gratefully received please

throckenholt Mon 22-Jun-09 07:46:44

I would try and give him one to one time as much as you can (I know it is not easy with twins !). It is hard enough trying to figure out your place in the world when you are 4 - but when you have a twin in that place too I guess it can be harder still.

Try and spot trigger points and head them off before he gets a chance to react.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now