Talk

Advanced search

my 4 year old son pushed my 2 old down the stairs top to bottom!!

(8 Posts)
foxy1 Sat 20-Jun-09 21:57:52

hello

today has been a very stressful day. we were at a friends house and my 4 year old son pushed my 2 year old down the stairs all the way from the top to bottom in a terraced house carpet on stairs and floorboard at the bottom. I was in another room getting my bag. I heard a thud and crying. I sat him on my lap and checked him over and cuddled him. He cried for about 5 mins then stopped. He has a bump on his head but is walking around. He ate his tea and was playing and being himself. Did not take him to doctor as he seemed ok. Gave him good dosage of Calpol. Will check him regularly. I do worry though with the head as you can't see if there is any internal damage. Have I done the right thing?

Gave my 4 year old a big telling off and sent him to bed with no tea. He said he did not want to let his brother upstairs!! How would you have handled this?

Appreciate any advice Thank you!!

Foxy 1

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 20-Jun-09 22:02:56

That's one hell of a fall foxy. It would be a good idea to take him to A&E to be checked over to be honest with you.

Sending a 4 year old to bed without tea isn't a good idea either, sorry. he needs sitting down and talking to about this rather then anything else.

Please go and take your little on to the hospital to be checked over.

hercules1 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:03:48

I would have told him off but not sent him to bed with out any supper.

hercules1 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:04:26

I agree about hospital as well.

foxy1 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:08:32

just checked him again and he seems ok.

With my 4 year old we sat him down and talked to him about it what he had done wrong. i think we were just so shocked that he had done this. We read a story called peter rabbit and in this he is naughty and is sent to bed with no tea early. we wanted to nake sure that this really had an impression on him so he would definitely not do this again. feel bad though.

hercules1 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:09:34

The trouble is if he has hurt his head it may not show until after he goes to sleep. HOnestly I would get him checked out.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 20-Jun-09 22:12:18

Yes, but your child isn't peter rabbit in a book! He'll be hungry. It's not nice to punish a child by witholding food and sending them to bed.

Your younger child may have a serious injury that may not be showing yet. It's a really high fall, you really do need to get him checked over.

thisisyesterday Sat 20-Jun-09 22:15:30

foxy, we've had a lot of similar with ds1 and ds2.
ds1 has pushed ds2 down the stairs and off the top of the slide.
I can honestly say that I don't believe he realised what would really happen or how bad it would be when he did it. 4 yr olds don't think about consequences or the possible outcomes of their behaviourl
when thbey're angry/frustrated they do tend to just lose control and just lash out.

not giving him any tea won't teach him not to do it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now