Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pronoun Reversal

(2 Posts)
Eveiebaby Fri 19-Jun-09 22:02:27

Hi - DD has just turned three. Over about the past six weeks as her sentences have got longer I have noticed that she is getting her pronouns all mixed up. She will say things like "you've finished"(when she has finished her food) "I've got pasta" (when she is looking at food on my plate) - "get you out of the bath" (when she wants to get out of the bath) etc etc... the list goes on. I am so sure that she used to say "I've finished" at one point in time.

Anyway my question is has anyone else had this problem and did it rectify itself or should I be concerned? And should I be trying to correct it? I'm not sure how I could correct it as if I start calling her " I " would this confuse things even more?
Please help. x

GrimmaTheNome Fri 19-Jun-09 22:05:29

I'm sure it will rectify itself, but for now probably best stick to the 'mummyese' of using names rather than pronouns and calling yourself mummy rather than I - sounds like she's being a bit ambitious for her age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now