Talk

Advanced search

14 week old scared of other babies

(4 Posts)
RunJHC Fri 19-Jun-09 09:49:27

Hi MNers. Hoping for some advice. DS is 14 weeks old and is lovely, really smiley and happy when we're at home or out together - or with his dad, grandparents etc.

But we spend quite a lot of time with other babies, friends from ante-natal classes etc and he's quite wary of other babies. Also he has a tendency to cry whenever other babies are crying and it just breaks my heart because I know there's nothing wrong with him but he just looks scared by the noise.

I know it's probably just a phase and I'm avoiding the temptation to just keep him away from other babies hoping he'll get used to it.

Was wondering if anyone else's LOs did this, and if so if/when they grew out of it?
Thanks!

CurryMaid Fri 19-Jun-09 09:52:05

From about 12 weeks my DD was absolutely terrified of anyone she didn't know and as our families live away that was basically anybody but me and DH!

She would scream bloody murder if anybody tried to pick her up or approach her.

She grew out of it a couple of months later and now at 10 months is the most outgoing and sociable little baby - constantly trying to catch people's eyes, smiling at them, joining in with their laughter etc.

I know you said your DS is scared of babies not adults but still thought you might like to hear that DD definitely grew out of it, and fairly quickly too!

nmt Fri 19-Jun-09 10:05:36

My boy is 6 months and is exactly the same. Like you I try and get to see my other mummy friends and their babies but dread any if the babies crying or any other loud noises!

So I don't have the solution but you're not alone x

RunJHC Fri 19-Jun-09 15:56:21

Thanks both, nice to know DS is not alone nmt and that he might grow out of it curry!

Took him swimming today with two of his little pals and he was having a good look at them while we were in the water in a curious not upset way so maybe we're making progress (although they weren't crying at the time!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now