Talk

Advanced search

DD coming up to 1 year can she still have cow & gate??

(4 Posts)
hollygiz1 Thu 18-Jun-09 21:36:17

I Know you can give full fat milk at 1 year old but dont think she likes it as much so can you just carry on with formula??untill she dosnt want it anymore??she still has on a morning after tea and on a night and still really enjoys it. Not sure what your meant to do really?? also just wondered do I still have to boil water and steralise bottle cos i do ??

shhhh Thu 18-Jun-09 22:16:53

Yes you can. Afaik formula can be given up to 2 and there is also follow on milk...

BTW, ds is 26 months and he still has c&s night milk. (has x1-2 bottles a night). He was born with a bowel disorder and cows milk seems harsh (not sure if has dairy intollerance...although formula seems ok..) his paediatrician has no concerns about him having it. Has right amount of calcium and ds also has calcium during day in yoghurts etc.

Loopymumsy Fri 19-Jun-09 10:55:08

Message withdrawn

shhhh Fri 19-Jun-09 15:32:26

didn't read the bit about steralising..!

AFAIK, you can stop sterallising at 6 ish months..imo once they start crawling they put all sorts in their mouth anyway! BUT that said, don't think we stopped sterallising totally with dd and ds until past 12 months..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now