Talk

Advanced search

Global Development Delay age 20months - looking for mums in same situation

(4 Posts)
Mummy2710 Thu 18-Jun-09 21:18:15

My DD is 20months, not crawling, walking or saying any words yet. Babbles and uses his voice to make noises. He can sit up, get on the floor and roll over himself but can't get back up to a sitting position himself. He can't crawl yet although is going backwards a little when he tries. The paediatrician has put this down to GDD and we are going for blood test next week to make sure it is nothing more serious. Any other mums out there with babies of the same age going through the same thing? It is a little isolating when all the other children his age can do everything he can't. Everyone keeps asking me why he doesn't crawl or speak.

TotalChaos Thu 18-Jun-09 21:23:26

Hi Mummy2710, if you post on the Special Needs Children's board (you can find it via the Topics tab), you will find parents to kids with GDD and other problems. My DS has language problems that became obvious when he was 3, so a little older, but I can sympathise with the isolated feelings when around other mums (particularly in toddler group hell!)

Mummy2710 Thu 18-Jun-09 22:32:35

Thankyou, i haven't posted on here before so not sure what to do. I will re-post on that topic, many thanks.

cazcountry Sat 20-Jun-09 20:02:50

hi i am in the same situation. son is nearly 5 so hard he says few words playgroup is a nitemare,, starting school in september, im so nervous.. just got statemented of nearly 30 hours a week.. thankyuo so nice to hear from other mums, i feel so alone..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now