Talk

Advanced search

my one year old son keeps shouting at everyone

(10 Posts)
vickiadele Tue 16-Jun-09 18:31:47

My one yo son keeps shouting at everyone he knows for attention, while im driving, paying for shopping or talking to family, am i doing the right thing by not reacting to the shouting, or should i be saying no, or any other tips please blush

laurawantsababy Tue 16-Jun-09 20:50:16

My 1yo dd has started screaming! Its quite funny most of the time. I think its because she has realised that she can be loud! Im hoping she will get over it soon and stop smile

PacificDogwood Tue 16-Jun-09 20:53:29

grin
It won't last long... after that phase there is the "hiya!" phase to everyone, and I mean everyone: animal, plant, or mineral - or lamp post, bin, post box...

angel1976 Tue 16-Jun-09 20:56:26

My DS is in the 'bye bye' phase with everyone, even if we have just walked into a shop and he doesn't stop till he gets a reaction and when he does, it goes on and on... DS: 'Bye!' Stranger:'Bye' DS:'Bye!' Stranger: 'Bye' It's so cute! He's 16 months... grin

lorisparkle Tue 16-Jun-09 21:55:24

My DS2 roars at everyone and everything or failing that screams! He is 14 months.

Imagine the scene - sainsburys, DS2 starts screaming to get attention, seems to work so DS1 joins in, what joy! I'm literally doing the fan dance trying to distract them.

I'm sure this phase won't last long!

vickiadele Tue 16-Jun-09 22:24:43

thanks for the replys, ill remember that im not the only one going thru it x

calypsoblue Tue 16-Jun-09 23:40:00

we have three dogs my 1year old ds barks at everyoneblush

MaMattoo Tue 12-Jul-11 22:07:06

it is such a relief to read this....even though it is 2 years later..my 13 mo has been yelling - aiiii and more aiii. its loud, a little worrying and now i hope it is just a phase..

Malvapoeding Tue 12-Jul-11 22:12:06

Oh thank you for starting this - DD2 is 13mo and yells at everyone all the time - she used to use a sweet hi/bye until 2 days ago but now that has given way to random yelling and overuse of the words UP and OUT! Today she has yelled at the old lady who commented on her shoes in a coffee shop, the cashier in said coffee shop, random strangers in the bank queue, someone in the card shop, DD1's teacher, the nurse, DH, me,DD1, 2 sets of grandparents (one on the phone!) and too many more to name.

MaMattoo Tue 12-Jul-11 22:19:15

DS has yelled all day. on his own and when with me. at his dad, at our friends, in the coffee shop sad will have to warn his nursery tomorrow about it hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now