Talk

Advanced search

Too hot for full sleepsuits? too cold for just vest? what do you do?

(10 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 10:26:37

Just looking for advice really, DD has grown out of her 3-6 so i need to get some stuff in for bedtimes in 6-9.

Is it too hot for full sleepsuits? Im worried about over heating but think a vest might be too cool?

thanks x

blondissimo Tue 16-Jun-09 10:30:13

Do you use a grobag? I put my ds in a long sleeve vest in the appropriate tog grobag and if it gets really hot, I put him in a short sleeve vest. If she is just sleeping in the bodysuit, maybe look for some without feet?

Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 10:32:00

I had a growbag in the winter months but its 2.8 tog.

Shes been swaddled since birth but feel its too warm to do that at the moment,

What tog should I be looking for?

Thanks

Casserole Tue 16-Jun-09 10:35:10

Depends how hot a person she tends to be - my DS is always hot so he's just in a 0.5 tog at the moment with either thin PJs or just a vest. Or you could try a 1.0 tog if she's not quite such a heathouse!

alittlebitshy Tue 16-Jun-09 10:35:21

1.0 tog!

At the mo my ds is in a sleepsuit with no vest underneath, and a 1 tog gro bag.

Next step will be best and 1 tog gro bag.

namechangerforareason Tue 16-Jun-09 10:35:28

1.5 tog grobag ideal, I just put my DS in a long sleeved vest/short sleeved vest/sleepsuit only/sleepsuit without feet and the grobag depending on temp in room.

Trust your instincts.

Just to also say I sometimes also just have him in a pyjama top and nappy.

HTH

Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 10:37:48

Right I think ill get her a 1tog growbag, 1 pack of sleep suits and 1 pack of vests and mix as appropriate.

Thanks.

Casserole Tue 16-Jun-09 15:58:21

Sounds perfect

Wow, a thread with a quick and happy ending!

Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 18:38:50

Lol grin

I got 4 vests reduced to £2, 6 sleeps suits for £6 reduced (in ethel austins) and an official 1 tog grobag from TKMaxx for a tenner grin

Bargainous!

alittlebitshy Tue 16-Jun-09 18:58:59

dontcha just love tkmaxx for cheap grobags? (if you're lucky enough to find the size you want in the tog you want!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now