Talk

Advanced search

5mo shouting

(4 Posts)
Leedsmum2b Sun 14-Jun-09 19:55:40

I'm sure this is normal, but would like some reassurance from more experienced mums! smile

DD is 5 months old and has just started shouting very loudly; as far as I can tell, this mainly happens when she's a bit bored. Surely she's far too young for temper tantrums? It also seems a bit early for me to try and influence her behaviour; I'm not giving her any special attention when she shouts, but nor am I telling her 'no' or withdrawing attention etc.

Any opinions/views welcome!

3littlefrogs Sun 14-Jun-09 19:58:45

She has discovered her voice. It is normal - part of learning about her surroundings. She is a very little baby - much too young for temper tantrums.

moaningminnie2020 Sun 14-Jun-09 20:13:22

Oh yes my DS is almost 6m and shouts a lot sometimes, esp if he can't see anyone or if we are eating and he isn't!

I remember going to a postnatal group thing with DD when she was about 13 weeks and she was just starting to shout then. All normal, if a bit wearinggrin

Leedsmum2b Sun 14-Jun-09 20:13:57

Thanks - I find that it's easy to attribute more complex emotions and thoughts to the baby than she's likely to have at this stage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now