Talk

Advanced search

Can a 2.2yo be hyper?

(9 Posts)
Claire2009 Fri 12-Jun-09 22:27:32

He was running everywhere, squealing/climbing/shouting earlier for at least an hour, nothing would calm him down blushshockhmm

Just thought it was waaayy too much, normally he's busy but this afternoon was mental!!!!

ilovetochat Fri 12-Jun-09 22:30:37

my dd is 23 months and i often wonder if she is a little over active. she will run and run and run in circles, jumping off everything but it gets to the point where she is tired but doesnt seem to be able to stop herself moving.

meandjoe Sat 13-Jun-09 11:48:26

my ds is the same (22 months) to be honest i think all young toddlers are the same. I used to worry about it too as my ds is just never ever still unless he's asleep. He's busy all the time, gets bored very easily and just needs a lot of freedom to move and explore. 10 minutes in a highchair and he's ready to get out and run.

ilovetochat Sat 13-Jun-09 14:54:50

even when dd is falling asleep she will lie with her eyes shut and then suddenly open her eyes and shout "boo" and laugh hysterically, or she will kick her feet constantly till the falls asleep.
also the more tired she gets the more mischievous, she will pick up a handful of papers and scatter them just for the sake of it and throw her milk cup.
i think it is just normal toddler behaviour smile
hi meandjoe, we used to chat ages ago. smile

meandjoe Sat 13-Jun-09 16:29:26

yes I remember you ilovetochat! Sounds like our dcs are still quite similar which is a comfort but none the less infuriating at times grin!

DS does the kicking his legs and juffling about thing when he's going to sleep. He has also started 'humping' the matress and giggling til he goes to sleep too (not so sure that's normal but it doesn't worry me too much, I think he just finds movement comforting) He was like it even as a newborn I had to keep him in motion all the time! Bouncing him, rocking him, walking with him etc, at least now he does all the moving himself! Although I do sometimes worry that he never seems to stop!

ilovetochat Sat 13-Jun-09 17:03:27

dd sings herself to sleep a lot or asks to be tickled? she giggles then goes to sleep, strange.
it is good now she talks and understands a lot now though as i can explain things a bit and tell her what we are doing, not that she listens grin

ICANDOTHAT Sat 13-Jun-09 22:02:44

Had he had something 'dodgy' to eat ? How I'd love to have that energy grin

Claire2009 Sat 13-Jun-09 23:02:47

Well, nothing out of the ordinary, but he did have smarties shortly before the full blown craziness started blush

seeker Sat 13-Jun-09 23:08:42

In answer to the OP - maybe, but how would you tell?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now