Talk

Advanced search

7 month old is very clingy

(5 Posts)
JayUK20 Fri 12-Jun-09 13:31:03

We have got or son in a better sleeping routine now but in the day time we cannot seem to leave the room for 2 mins, sometimes he dose like to feel close to you but it's mainly him crying as soon as he cannot see you, is there anything we can do to make him feel better if we are ot the room?

LIZS Fri 12-Jun-09 13:37:26

Keep talking and moving around so he can hear you. It may improve when he can follow you round but it is a perfectly normal phase of separation anxiety which could persist for a while to come.

sweetnitanitro Fri 12-Jun-09 13:48:57

My 8 mo dd is getting better at letting me leave the room grin I found playing peekaboo helped her figure out that I was still around even when she couldn't see me. Also sticking my head round the door every so often and blowing raspberries which she thinks is hilarious. Turn it into a game and your ds should relax a bit.

GreenMonkies Fri 12-Jun-09 13:52:45

It's totally normal behaviour. At this age the "here and now" is all he knows, so if he can't see you, he thinks you are GONE!!!!

Put him in a sling and carry him close, as he gets older his need to be this close to you will ease and he'll turn into a happy, secure and independent little man.

khartnett Mon 15-Jun-09 13:00:00

Is he teething? My little girl was very clingy when she was teething.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now