Talk

Advanced search

Reluctant toothbrushers...I have found the perfect solution

(5 Posts)
Ceebee74 Thu 11-Jun-09 10:26:26

Find yourself an older child with a wobbly tooth, make sure that said tooth falls out in your toddler's presence and then tell toddler that their teeth will fall out like 'X' if they don't clean their teeth properly grin

Ds1's cousin's tooth fell out whilst we were having a picnic a couple of weeks ago - and ever since, DS1 has not fought having his teeth cleaned once - such a lovely change from having to pin him down to do it!!

MrsJamin Thu 11-Jun-09 11:51:20

Will remember that when reluctant toothbrusher 17 MO DS is old enough to understand such a threat!

finefatmama Thu 11-Jun-09 20:46:10

I found that tesco's banana milkshake flavour and strawberry icecream flavour toothpaste did the trick for us. couldn't get them to brush when we had to spend a night with friends and use the regular minty one though.

Will def keep this one in mind for when later. My mum did that with washing behind the ears. pulled some tiny pathch of grass out and read me some enid blyton story that scared the hell out of me.

Littlepurpleprincess Thu 11-Jun-09 20:51:11

I just sit on DS, prize his jaws open and go for it! He HATES having his teeth brushed. I wonder why.....lol.

Ceebee74 Thu 11-Jun-09 20:58:49

Littlepurpleprincess that used to be the tactic I used - this way is much more pleasant wink

Finefatmama am wondering if I will be traumatising DS1 for life and he will be telling people in years to come how I tricked him hmm

Btw, this wasn't a deliberate thing - it just happened that the night after the picnic, he said it himself about his teeth falling out and I latched onto it and found it worked like magic blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now