Talk

Advanced search

Every blinking time

(39 Posts)
FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 17:43:26

My kids can not behave in public.

DS1, DD and DS2 messed about in the vets. There for 15 minutes.

DD and DS2 behaving badly in the car.

DS2 and DD behaving badly at the dentist.

I asked them to sit nicely, quietly, etc etc etc

I am sick and tired of them showing me up in public and just bloody well not doing as they are told.

After the vet, DS1 was an angel.

PortBlacksandResident Wed 10-Jun-09 17:45:50

How old are they? Toddlers or Teens or In Between?

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 17:47:23

almost 4
5 and 10 months
8 and 3 months nearly

Sam100 Wed 10-Jun-09 17:50:47

Next time they are with their mates do something really embarassing to them - pet name/kisses/remind them to wipe their bum! (might work on the 8 year old)

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:08:33

sending empathy and sympathy.......my boys are the same.

I bribe mine........good talkings to before we go anywhere, threats of DS being taken away, no choc, etc.

I have also been known to take them and put them in the car, and act as tho we are going straight home to bed......sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn;t, and know idea why.

well, I do.....depends on how weary they are, if they have had a good run about previously, if they have been at the sweeties or not before we go. sometimes they are just on a 'wind-up' day, and nothing gets thru to them.

hard work this parenting!

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:09:19

when I say threats of DS being taken away, I mean the nintendo DS, not the darling son....wink

Othersideofthechannel Wed 10-Jun-09 18:15:47

What exactly were they doing?

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:20:00

If I told you I am sure you would say it was all normal behaviour but the fact is they were being loud, rolling on the floor, hitting each other and tbh it was all irrelevant as they should have just done as I asked. Which was to sit quietly and read a book.

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:20:40

psycho I hadn't realised it was you and I had thought you meant DS as in son!!

eandh Wed 10-Jun-09 18:29:54

oh my 2 are the same dd1 is 4.10 and dd2 is 2.5 and they have an inability to sit still, be quiet or do what they are tol din public.

We had to go to dd1 new school the other day to collect uniform and sign some forms that got lost in the post. We had a quick chat in the car about sitting still on the chair (with book I had remembered to chuck in car) or playing with the bead table thing they have in reception quietly.

No we got in there and dd1 asking 6 million pointless questions loudly (does have problem with her hearing but this was OTT loud) then running in and out of the hall (was empty!) and talking because it echoed in there, of course dd2 had to copy so ended up dragging them back into reception area, dd1 still misbehaving and in the end the school secretray told her off blush (did make her stop)

She really did not give the most fantastic first impression to the poor lady who is inundated with trying to sort 90 children into 3 reception classes and annoying mums popping in to collect stuff because we are on holiday the week of the open evening sad

That is just one example, however, it happens every time we go anywhere dd1 just cannot seem to understand how to behave in public sad and <frustrated>

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:32:03

Sorry eandh but I do feel better that it isn't just me.

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:37:40

to make you feel even better.....I was once approached by the security guard in a shop, holding on to my boys, with a cats bum face, clearly pretty pissed off with them and angry at my lack of parenting.

he was right to be cross, they were climbing the big ladders to the tall shelves, for fun (we were in B&Q), and I was distracted with the girls and DH and ignored them completely......

NOT my finest hour in parenting I have to say, and the boys were not in the least bit sorryangry.

I was sooooooo ashamedblush, and have never been back to said store since.

only thank god that there were no mumsnetters that day......altho maybe if I looked thru the netmums archives there might be bad stuff writtenhmmwink

of course, my eyes will explode before finding anything due to the tickers, so I won;t have to worry about what they might have said

eandh Wed 10-Jun-09 18:38:08

am glad someone else feels like me wink

Doesnt matter how often we talk about it, bribe her, get angry with her etc it just seems to go in one ear and straight out of the other !

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:39:45

Plus why is it DS1 is an angel and DD and DS2 aren't?

Greensleeves Wed 10-Jun-09 18:40:39

Because that niche in the family is taken grin

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:41:38

And then over days DD is an angel and the boys aren't.

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:41:54

tis the ages and the closeness of the ageswink

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:42:39

All 3 can be devils at the same time but rarely angels at the same time.

Greensleeves Wed 10-Jun-09 18:44:36

I find with mine if one is in the shit the other one comes over all pious

rather nauseating actually!

Lizzylou Wed 10-Jun-09 18:45:24

They just rile each other don't they?
On their own, either of my two can be a joy to be with, together and all hell breaks out.
Went fireplace shopping with DS1 (with fires on, ornaments to break etc, would have been chaos with both of them), shop assistants were cooing over the polite and well behaved boy. I did wonder who they meant.
I may go back tomorrow with both boys and see if they give me a discount just to get out of the shop grin

eandh Wed 10-Jun-09 18:45:56

mmm greensleeves have to say I agree with that comment smile

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:46:49

Feel sad that I had my kids too close together and one too many by th sounds of it.

Lizzylou Wed 10-Jun-09 18:49:23

No, FBG, I was saying that when they are on their own my boys are fab, but together they are often a nightmare, sorry, wasn't clear.

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 19:02:33

No, Lizzylou, it was Psycho's post I was answering.

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 19:13:35

oh god, never feel sad that you had them close, and 'one too many'

how the hell would I feel then.....hmmwinkgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now