Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2.6yr old what can your do ?

(5 Posts)
Momma23 Tue 09-Jun-09 15:11:17

I am wondering if i am looking to much into DD knowing her colours, animals, count to 3.
I know she will learn in time but feel like there is a brick wall there at times. She has very low concentration i think.
Any info on 2.6 yrs olds or there about i really would appricate.

BlueberryPancake Tue 09-Jun-09 15:16:31

I know it sounds obvious but try to integrate the learning in more every day language instead of in isolation. Use 1-2-3-go many times a day, count the steps going up and down, sing songs with numbers, and (a very good tip I received from a speach therapist) don't ask too many questions. A child is much more likely to imitate you rather than respond to a question. So instead of saying 'what color is that flower' say 'That's a yellow flower. Yellow. Lovely yellow flower'. So lots of repetition but not too many questions. Anyway, 2.6 is very young, my DS2 is 2 and hasn't even said his first word yet!!!

monkeyfacegrace Tue 09-Jun-09 15:20:15

Momma dont worry, we all do this. Im a bugger for comparing kids, but had to stop when my friends 2 year old wiped the floor with mine! She is a 5 year old in a 2 year old body I swear, talks fluently, potty trained at 18months. Made mine (who is 2/12)look like a baby. But it doesnt matter, we are not part of the 'build-a-better-baby-bridage', so as long as your daughter is happy, who cares if she cant count!
Concentration can be helped by not overstimulating, or maybe a day or two at nursery will help her follow structure?

monkeyfacegrace Tue 09-Jun-09 15:21:11

make that brigade!

Momma23 Tue 09-Jun-09 15:25:35

Thanks you have made me calm down a bit.

Blueberry
So true i do ask alot of questions! I try and spend 1 hour a day on one to one with her alone. All i do is ask questions! Will try imitate route with her.

Monkey
She is happy just scared i will miss somthing that will affect her in later years. Concentration would be somthing i would like to improve with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now