Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeding

(7 Posts)
checky Tue 10-May-05 08:58:53

Can anyone help or advise or am I being a silly first time mum?
Haven't had a dirty nappy for 36 hours plus, is that normal when he is feeding like a monster?!!

Also how much would a 10 1/2 lb take at each feed? Sometimes he takes both breasts, sometimes one or even only 15 mins. SOmetimes he want more than 8 oz of expressed milk..is that too much?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 10-May-05 09:33:33

I think you'd be better off in the Breast and Bottle Feeding area.

That being said, how old is your baby? Is he on only breastmilk? Some babies switch to pooing only every so often, after the first few weeks, when they're breastfed.

If he's a newborn, 36 hours + without poo (I assume you don't mean without wee?) is worrisome.

He knows how much milk he needs, whether EBM from a bottle, or direct from the breast.

starlover Tue 10-May-05 09:34:36

apparently a b/f baby can go up to a week without a poo!
mine still does about 2 a day though!

moondog Tue 10-May-05 09:38:22

Don't be worried. Quite normal.
Brace yourself for the next one though!!

NotQuiteCockney Tue 10-May-05 09:42:36

Oh, my DS2 sometimes went a week, before I started solids. It was nice, but it did feel like I was carrying around a grumbling volcano (of poo).

moondog Tue 10-May-05 09:44:34

lol nqc!!
I've just dealt with the fall out from my own poo volcano. Boy,what an eruption!!

NotQuiteCockney Tue 10-May-05 09:49:24

Well, gross as it is, it's better than solids poo. I'm absolutely certain that DS2 is producing that stuff at the end of Time Bandits - you know, the pure evil? Even a tiny tiny bit, smaller than an orange pip, smells absolutely terrifying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now