Talk

Advanced search

2 year old ds and licking...

(11 Posts)
raisingrrrl Sun 07-Jun-09 11:04:52

Ds has recently started licking his little sister (15 weeks), now i suppose in the grand scheme of things it's not too bad - better than the biting phase he went through a few months back - but I'm wondering if it's normal, or if he's being aggressive in a way he knows he won't get told off for? I just find it really irritating but don't want to make a big deal about it cause then he'll just do it more!

Stretch Sun 07-Jun-09 11:28:30

Oooh, DD2 (4) licks everything!! She is always licking her skin, (salty I suppose), she licks her baby brother, chairs, windows,the leather sofa, and loads of other things!! She has even started licking car bonnets!

I have no idea why she does it, she is another biter too. How old is your DS??

raisingrrrl Sun 07-Jun-09 11:31:04

He's 2 and a half Stretch....

PinkTulips Sun 07-Jun-09 11:39:04

dd did this... she used to jump up into my friends arms and lick them on the face, she was 3 at the time but would still do it now at 4 if given half a chance.

ds1 is starting to do it too and he's almost 3.

bloody annoying but nothing to worry about really

raisingrrrl Sun 07-Jun-09 11:47:20

Dh thinks it's a territorial thing - like he's marking dd. But then he has spent a lot of time around dogs!! grin

movingintothefuture Sun 07-Jun-09 11:50:07

Is he pretending to be a dog - a role play kinda thing? Ds (4) still likes to pretend to be a cat...

...it drives me mad angry but it is harmless.

raisingrrrl Sun 07-Jun-09 12:01:25

He might be pretending to be a dog - but he's quite scared of dogs so I don't know why he would!!

movingintothefuture Sun 07-Jun-09 12:04:30

Ahh.. thought you meant ds had spent alot of time around dogs. Could be any animal or just a phase. Trying ignoring if you think he is getting too much attention when he does it (thus making it a habit) else don't worry.

ICANDOTHAT Tue 09-Jun-09 16:01:47

You may want to post this on 'Special Needs' board - I know there are parents there who have experienced similar ... I think it's a sensory issue that is quite common.

Lizzylou Tue 09-Jun-09 16:07:09

DS2 still does this (he is 3), he licks my face at every opportunity.
Can be very slobbery grin
DS1 didn't do it, strangely he was never really a biter either, whereas DS2 did have a biting phase.

suwoo Tue 09-Jun-09 16:07:59

My DS is beginning to do this too, he is nearly 2.5. He also bites things- mostly in temper. He tends to bite his toys if he is frustrated with them and can't do something weirdo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now