Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help!! DS 11.5mths is sticking his fingers down his throat. Is this normal????

(5 Posts)
sandybee1 Mon 09-May-05 13:58:25

my Ds is 11.5 months and in the past few weeks has started to stick his fingers down his throat. he does it until he gags and thn smiles at me. I have stopped reacting to it as initially i would say don't do that but i think that just made him do it more - hence the smile when he's done it. He doesn't make himself sick but i am worried about why he is doing it. Is this normal? Is it just a form of exploration?

TeriS Mon 09-May-05 14:04:04

I think he is probably doing it partly for the reaction, and also it's a new sensation - even though not one we would probably like!

I don't think it means anything wrong though - is he teething? I used to find DS would chew on his fingers, and just put them in a bit too far - although he was a bit younger than at the time.

Sorry I don't have anything more constructive!

kcemum Mon 09-May-05 14:05:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

wordsmith Mon 09-May-05 14:22:48

sandy mine does this too - he's 13m now but has been doing it for a couple of months. We look at him and say "No!!!!!" and like yours he just takes them out and grins. The little b**ger! Think it's normal, altho DS1 didn't do it (he just sticks his finger up his bum and smells it. Yuk! That's boys for you.)

sandybee1 Mon 09-May-05 14:52:45

glad to know it's normal! guess i should be greatful that he not sticking his finers up his bum...although i'm sure he'll figure that out soon enough!!!
I'll just have to try to ignore him!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now