Talk

Advanced search

Dd has been so naughty today that I took her to A&E

(13 Posts)
Pinkjenny Thu 04-Jun-09 20:41:58

She has chickenpox and has had it for a week. Today has been horrendous, she has tantrumed (sp) all day. She has even had my mum in tears. I just couldn't believe that she could be that awful without an underlying problem! Biting, kicking, screaming like a lunatic.

So I googled 'complications of chickenpox' and convinced myself she had a brain issue.

They said she was fine. I feel like a bit of a twat now.

WinkyWinkola Thu 04-Jun-09 20:43:27

Don't be daft. If she was ill and acting like a loony, then good for you for getting her checked out.

I sometimes feel like dragging my DS to A&E and telling them he needs committing and he's not even physically ill! wink

GiraffeAHolic Thu 04-Jun-09 20:44:22

I thought you were going to say that you took her there to scare her into silence!

Maybe she was just a bit under the weather and irritable with the itching etc.

Not blaming you BTW, I am a self confessed serial googler

Pinkjenny Thu 04-Jun-09 20:46:36

She was uncharacteristically bad. Apart from in front of the doctor of course.

thirtypence Thu 04-Jun-09 20:48:55

Had she had any medicine with amazing additives. Ds went mental (in hospital) when given paracetamol (the lovely pink one) with a steroid. Because apparently the steroid tastes bad. Well I think that 4 hours of non stop screaming and thrashing was not worth a 30 increase in taste enjoyment.

Pinkjenny Thu 04-Jun-09 20:51:20

No, nothing. Dh has just come in after two days away and she is being the model child now. I think she has just been sleeping so badly because of the chickenpox that she has got herself into a right overtired state. Dh and I are creeping around her now, terrified we'll set her off! Wimps.

suwoo Thu 04-Jun-09 21:28:19

Sorry but grin.

Like thirtypence said, DS goes absolutely crazy if he has nurofen, no matter how ill he is, he is bouncing off the walls and it keeps him awake for hours. What medicine has she been having?

thirtypence Thu 04-Jun-09 21:33:44

suwoo - ds used to get very teary and shouty after nurofen. We switched to paracetamol suppositories and he hated them so much he pleaded to be given nurofen. I told him it made him angry, he promised it wouldn't, his temp was very high - I gave in. At the first sign of shoutiness I reminded him about his promise and threatened the suppositories again. And you know what - he has been fine since!

Pinkjenny Thu 04-Jun-09 21:50:14

Only Calpol. Which she hasn't had for a while...

whomovedmychocolate Thu 04-Jun-09 21:57:24

Hahha! I know that feeling well - I rushed DD in bawling to Casualty after an accident. She saw the doctor, shut up, smiled and said very politely 'do you have a stethoscope - I like stephoscopes'. hmm

I gave DD medised once and watched her run round the room for six hours screaming 'aids restful sleep' my arse. hmm

Pinkjenny Thu 04-Jun-09 22:07:12

The doctor was really sweet. He said, 'If she had a neurological issue, she would have symptoms other than a tantrum'. Ha ha, I was very sheepish.

suwoo Thu 04-Jun-09 22:33:15

grin at the Dr's tactful comment.

shhhh Fri 05-Jun-09 23:15:31

dd has just got over chickenpock and if you look on a thread I did last week I was the same as you!

She has been awful for 2 weeks. Temper tantrums, screaming and so uncontrolable. BT looking back I think she was just ill and felt like crap. Ds had them 2 weeks ago and was fine..hmm.

Dd was like something posessed..hmm

Hope you dd gets well soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now