Talk

Advanced search

Selective hearing and competitive crying in 2 1/2 yr old

(3 Posts)
RinkyDinkyPinky Thu 04-Jun-09 20:03:12

DD1 is driving me mad...
The selective hearing goes along the lines of ignoring anything that she doesn't immediately want to do. I ask nicely, then ask again with a little reason/ encouragement, then insist it's important to do with reason (eg "we can't go to friend's house without your shoes on...") then end up using the stern voice or shouting at her. She's 2 1/2.

The crying thing is, I think, an attention seeking device. DD2 has been teething really badly (big front teeth) this last week and DD1, in response, is constantly demanding hugs/ climb on mummy/ read a book usually at really difficult moments when I'm trying to tend to DD2.

I feel exhausted...

Anyone else dealing with this kind of thing?

BiscuitStuffer Thu 04-Jun-09 22:13:42

Yes. Constantly. It;'s so frustrating. The thing that sorted me out (note, i say me not her!) is some time off as a family for a few days. Made the world of difference.

RinkyDinkyPinky Fri 05-Jun-09 20:03:26

Thanks biscuitstuffer, today was somewhat better and tomorrow is Saturday. smile Thinking of doing some kind of yoga/ meditation just to regain a bit of personal head-space...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now