Talk

Advanced search

Help with disciplining a boys age 4 & 2 aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(3 Posts)
ABitStretched Thu 04-Jun-09 18:43:25

I have dealt with constant sibling bickering, whinging, shoving etc by ignoring it- so long as its 50:50 - this has done the trick and they have really settled down. Also have made ds1's room total no-go zone for ds2 which has def helped with anger issues of ds1. What do I do if either one commits and complete no-no (biting,hitting, anything I know they know if not on). Please don't say naughty step /timeout of stickers. Looking for a really imaginative but simple idea as ds1 really just doesn't get it sometimes- like last night he wasn't allowed cartoons coz he didn't get into the bath - this morning I realised he thought the ban was forever, bless him.

cacatchpole Thu 04-Jun-09 20:30:54

I have a 2 year old & 5 year old and very similar issues. Have had some success with putting both on naughty spot (separate, but close enough that they can talk) and telling them that when they are friends again that they can come off the naughty spot. The very quickly agree to be friends and start playing nicely again... well for a few minutes.

Or don't leave them alone unattended for more than a nanosecond. But that's not very practical I find...

stringerbell Fri 05-Jun-09 23:13:39

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now