Talk

Advanced search

Signs of pubic hair at 8 alert! please reassure me my DD is not starting puberty. . .

(8 Posts)
littlestmummystop Tue 02-Jun-09 19:07:13

My DD8 only has a few hairs, but they seem to be growing fast.

She is not overweight at all ( v skinny) and I went through puberty around 10.

On the whole she has always been quite hairy, with hair on top lip, legs, back etc. but this is the first proper signs down below.

Please someone tell me this will take years and is NOT a sign she'll be starting periods early etc within a year.

Her body shape hasn't changed and she is not especially tall for her age.

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 02-Jun-09 19:09:56

I suspect she is starting puberty - bit of a clue really. I understand that currently anything from 8 onwards is not considered precocious puberty. However, I believe 7 stone seems to be the magic weight for periods, so will probably be a while yet. Lots of my daughters peers (9) have had similar with not periods for a year or so.

Vintagepommery Tue 02-Jun-09 21:20:11

I grew hair down below early - aged 9, v embarrassed about it at the time - but didn't start periods til nearly 13.

girlandboy Tue 02-Jun-09 21:22:29

Dd started growing pubic hairs (or public bears as she puts it!) when she was 9. She's 13.5 now and her breasts are like two jelly tots and no sign of her periods.

Mind you, she only weighs 5.5 stone so I think it may be some time yet.

GodzillasBumcheek Tue 02-Jun-09 21:24:44

My DDs started sprouting hairs in the right places at age 8 too - but they still haven't started their periods at age 11 so don't panic!

EyeballsintheSky Tue 02-Jun-09 21:43:18

Oh God, only another 6.5 years before dd possibly gets <<shudder>> hairs!

<<whimper>>

OonaghBhuna Tue 02-Jun-09 22:09:58

I started growing hairs at 8 and had my first period at 12. It seems so young but its normal for girls to start at this age.Please dont worry.

littlestmummystop Wed 03-Jun-09 17:30:11

Thanks so much. Feel better now! : ) I had envisaged periods at 9 and size DD boobs ( like mine) at 10.

At least it's only the very start. . .

and poor DD is so hairy anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now