Talk

Advanced search

Daytime sleeping (or lack of) in 18 mth old.

(4 Posts)
LolaLadybird Mon 01-Jun-09 15:48:04

Just curious how long anyone else's DC's nap for at this age?

DS has just turned 18 mo. He is v good sleeper at night (approx 11.5 hrs) but doesn't seem to need much daytime sleep. Today, he woke up after 45 mins and wouldn't go back to sleep. DD was a demon daytime sleeper and didn't drop her daytime nap until she was gone 3 but I don't think I'm going to get that lucky again. I just find it exhausting having DS on the go all day with such little respite.

LostGirl Mon 01-Jun-09 19:27:57

DD2 is 18mo and will sleep for between 15 and 60 minutes during the day and a whole 9 -10 hours at night, unlike her older sister who at this age still had 13 hours at night and a blissful 3 hour nap during the day.

wrinklytum Mon 01-Jun-09 19:31:05

Must be a second child thing.

ds was a fab sleeper and a long napper until about 3.5

dd was a devil child very bad sleeper and didn't nap much at all,much to my distress.

LolaLadybird Mon 01-Jun-09 22:59:04

Thanks for the feedback. It's comforting to know that there are other children napping so little - would've felt v aggrieved if every other 18 mo was having 2 hr naps (like a friend's DD) and it was just mine only cat-napping. I think back fondly to the lovely quiet post-lunch periods I used to have when it was just DD and she would go up for her long afternoon nap [wistful sigh].

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now