Talk

Advanced search

Very delayed teething in ds 21 months

(4 Posts)
MumofJTM Mon 01-Jun-09 14:00:02

This is my first MN post - bit nervous! Been surfing excellent advice, so thought would throw my question out to all you mums of great experience!

My ds is 21 months old, and has only two teeth - they are the two pointy ones on the top, so he looks like a vampire! He has been dribbling since 4 months old, but these two have only come through on the last 3 months, and no sign of any more. Have got dentist appointment for end of july, but not sure how normal or not this is. He's pretty well on target with the rest of his physical development.

All views welcome!

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Mon 01-Jun-09 17:50:27

The canines are the anchor teeth for all others according to my kid's orthodontist-so good he's got those! My ds1 didn't have any teeth until he was two years of age-he will be 16 this month and is just now losing his top two baby canines so there is def such a thing as really late teething! I've read that the later it goes the more painful for toddlers but I don't know. Teenagers cutting teeth has got to be almost as bad-wisdom teeth are the worst, it seems to me.

MumofJTM Mon 01-Jun-09 19:47:48

Thanks for that . . . everyone says not to worry and they'll come, but they seem to be taking forever. Good to know there's hope for him yet!

helips Mon 01-Jun-09 20:36:39

My ds is 21 months old and until a month ago only had 6 teeth, whilst all my friends babies his age had pratically all theirs! Anyway, he had a mad teething week where 6 teeth came through all in one go!

Have you felt your ds' gums? Are they bumpy? I'm sure the teeth will be on there way soon and you'll be enjoying the sleepness nights and whinging that come with them wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now