Talk

Advanced search

What toilet seat do you use for your toddler / child?

(24 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Sun 31-May-09 22:01:01

I have a potette plus that I can put on our toilet when DD potty trains in the next couple of weeks but I want something that she can potentially set up and use without my help. What would you recommend? She's 2.5 months and I have a step thing that she can use too.....

Seona1973 Sun 31-May-09 22:09:01

I never used one with dd or ds - they both just sat on the normal toilet and held onto the side or front of the seat. (dd was trained at 2 1/2 and ds was trained by the age of 2)

ilovetochat Sun 31-May-09 22:10:35

i have just bought dd a fifi seat with handles from mothercare and a step. unfortunatley she isnt tall enough to get on yet but sits happily on the seat.

BiscuitStuffer Sun 31-May-09 22:13:51

ah ok. i was thinking that there's a seat that she could get on to by herself at her age but if there isn't then I'm fine to work with what we have.

Overmydeadbody Sun 31-May-09 22:13:57

The same one I use for myslef.

Never had any special seats for DS to use.

BiscuitStuffer Sun 31-May-09 22:14:56

It would be lvoey if I didn't have to accompany her to the loo as I have a babe too....but I don't mind if there's no obvious or easy way round it.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 31-May-09 22:18:38

we have this cheapy plaggy one from morrisons which sits on top of the seat - i wish i could get another - you turn this lever thingy at the back and it tightens onto the seat (it is purple with an elephant on it) , i have just bought for 5.99 another one from mothercare which has thomas on it and is crapola - it goes under the seat and has a high bit at front that ds willy gets squished upto - there is no room to see if hes actually producing and also pee collects on top of it for some reason - i would take it back if i wouldnt be so embarrased as it truly is a complete pile of crap.

From dd we also have a travel padded one that folds out from a little bag - this was excellent till it collapsed one day as i didnt put it on right and scared the crap out of my dd for many years - also have a non folded padded one at my parents which serves its purpose well. I feel like a bog seat expert grin

Sycamoretreeisvile Sun 31-May-09 22:19:01

I went through loads before finding what I think is the best one - the baby bjorn one. It sounds silly, but this was the only one that gave her enough room at the front to wipe herself. It also adjusts to fit any loo snugly.

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 22:20:37

we bought one this style for all of ours.

DD3 has been able to put it on her own for a while - probably since 2.6. It just goes under the adult seat. It is also good as it has a slapsh guard at the front - which TBH was hte main reason we bought it. We were getting fed up of getting wet toes in the morning.
She has a bizaare way of climing on to it though as she isn't tall enough to sit back onto it like you would as an adult. She climbs up stands on the adult seat - stradling the hole before sitting down.

We have however just had to throw it away as we have bought a new toilet seat and the hole in it is too small for her seat.

You can aslso get seats which sit on top of teh adult seat - and even ones which are hinged - so you have a 3 layer sandwich - adult seat, little seat and then toilet lid. There are plenty to chose from.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 31-May-09 22:22:29

perfect perfect that is the one we have and loathe lol! he is only little bless him and has no hope of getting over that splash front!

ILoveDolly Sun 31-May-09 22:24:02

the toilet seat that is on the toilet. With a stool when her legs wee too short. We did have one from Boots that made the hole smaller for a while but it became too annoying to remove and replace.

ILoveDolly Sun 31-May-09 22:24:25

were too short grin

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 22:29:05

Nappy - she doesn't either. She is still tiny (18-24m clothes!)

Hence her treating the toilet like a climbing frame grin. She manages though - in her own way...even if it does lead me to have kittens everytime thinking she is going to go in head first....

pavlovthecat Sun 31-May-09 22:31:00

step and no training seat. she also likes to climb it like a climbing frame, potty trained quite early and petite so often took a while to get on even with the seat.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 31-May-09 22:34:08

maybe i will take a step back and encourage his climbing abilities as he stands waiting for me to lift him on - i really dont know why we end up with a river of pee round ours though!

ILoveDolly Sun 31-May-09 22:36:39

urgh 'river of pee' - another reason I ditched ours grin

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 22:38:23

We do occassionall get a river of pee.

DD has a very forward projectile (which was the reason for us buying this one). If she sits too far forward she aims right over the splash barrier - and ends up with a river of pee.

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 22:39:07

<but I would rather have an occassional river of pee than a permanent puddle of pee on the floor/toes grin>

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 31-May-09 22:42:25

our river is on the actual thomas seat under the adult seat iyswim - it swims round so doenst spill onto floor - i notice it when ds puts his hands in it to push the seat back so he can see thomas - "thomas all wet" he says <balk>

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 22:44:11

Yes that is where ours is (except ours isn't actually Thomas it is a plain boring white one).

ILoveDolly Sun 31-May-09 22:45:21

over the splash barrier? Impressive!

EachPeachPearMum Sun 31-May-09 22:46:06

baby bjorn- very comfy toilet seat

PerfectPrefect Sun 31-May-09 22:49:21

She has a potty with a HUGE splash barrier and on an impressive day she can shoot over that...

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 31-May-09 22:53:41

but i dont get it - he pushes his todger down so it doesnt shoot over!! hmmmm off to bed now to ponder it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now