Talk

Advanced search

Weaning off Colief

(6 Posts)
Chezbo Sat 30-May-09 06:42:22

Please Help! My DD is 16 weeks old and has been on colief drops since 8 weeks old. They have been a miracle cure for her colic. However, over the past couple of weeks I have tried to wean her off it as recommended at 3-4 months. We reduced the drops from 4 drops every bottle to 3 drops every bottle then 2 drops every bottle and over the last 3 days to 2 drops every other bottle. The last 3 days have been a nightmare! She has slept through from being 6 weeks old and now sleeps 8:30pm - 7am with no waking. Over the last 3 days (since reducing colief) she has been grunting in the night and we have got into a horrible habit of going in her room and putting her dummy in. I don't know what to do for the best. I don't know whether to go back to 2 drops every bottle but I don't know how I will ever get her off it. I don't want her to be poorly from it though. PLEASE HELP!

PfftTheMagicDragon Sat 30-May-09 15:47:45

bumping for you

Chezbo Sun 31-May-09 18:01:51

don't get it?

MaternityNursesaregreat Mon 06-Jun-11 17:16:34

Hi Chezbo,
Just wondered if you had had any responses to your question.
Working with a family at the moment and can let you know what we have been doing, and the result of forgetting the colief in 2 day time feeds.
At the moment we are using one drop only in day feeds only.

If you think this may be of some use to you, I'd be happy to speak with you about our experience and strategies to date.

Seona1973 Mon 06-Jun-11 17:58:17

this post is 2 years old so they may have sorted it out by now!

MaternityNursesaregreat Mon 06-Jun-11 20:09:40

woops....only took note of the month and not the year!!! Duh!!!!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now