Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tips needed please on getting DS to eat more variety

(6 Posts)
giddykipper Fri 29-May-09 17:17:10

He used to eat everything. Over the course of the last year he has just become increasingly fussy (he's just turned 2). I still put a selection of things on his plate but he takes off the stuff he doesn't 'like' and puts it on the table. The only definites that he will currently eat are fishfingers, pasta & sauce, rice (with whatever I can sneak in without him noticing), cheese (and sometimes ham) sandwiches. He will eat any breakfast cereal and any fruit. Vegetables are a complete no no.

Will he come round again of his own accord? I'm just worried that he's turning into a fussy eater and I need to halt it soon.

Interestingly, he'll eat anything they give him at nursery.

He eats meals with us all around the table. He doesn't get anything else if he refuses anything, but we don't make a fuss, just take the plate away.

Any tips? Or is he just being a toddler and will grow out of it?

bubblagirl Fri 29-May-09 19:29:18

i used to make a game out of it i bet you cant eat that quicker than me 1-2-3-4-5 he used to love beating me on trying these new things

as he got older he just got used to eating them

seeker Fri 29-May-09 19:37:28

I think you're doing the right thing. He'll come round eventually so long as you don't make any fuss.

I love your name, btw, OP - I've never heard anyone but my MIL use it - are you from Yorkshire too?

giddykipper Sun 31-May-09 21:10:27

Thanks for the responses. I might try the game idea bubbla, I think he might go for that.

No I'm not from Yorkshire, from W Midlands (sounds great with a Brum accent!)

BiscuitStuffer Sun 31-May-09 22:04:52

i think you're doing it exactly right oo and it will all come good. something about when they turn 2, the fussiness starts but it's an evolutionary thing to protect themselves from eating poisonous foods. totally natural process.

giddykipper Mon 01-Jun-09 21:46:17

Very comforting to know, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now