Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help ds pooed in the bath last week and now refuses to get back in the bath......

(6 Posts)
ilovespinach Wed 27-May-09 19:43:25

DS1 (3.1) had an accident in the bath last week. I didn't make a big deal out of it and just picked him up out of the bath. TBH it was the last I thought of it until today....

As I was running the bath he got very upset and said he didn't want a bath and then refused to get in. I tried to explain that I wasn't cross about what happened last time and that it didn't matter if it happened again. He said he wanted to go in with his nappy on. So I lifted him in and thought I'd be able just to whip it away but no, it backfired and he refused to sit down so I just washed him down with a sponge and got him out asap.

So where do we go from here? Do I let him sit in the bath in a nappy? Or do I push it and make him sit in?

bristols Wed 27-May-09 19:50:25

What about if you get in with him?

ilovespinach Wed 27-May-09 20:07:44

could be worth a try brisols - be a bit of a squash with me, ds1 and ds2 (there's no was ds2 would want to miss out on a bath)

ijustwant8hours Thu 28-May-09 12:41:33

I've started putting DS in fully dressed for similar reasons. If I make a big deal about how funny the nappy is he will let me take it off.....

I'm hoping he will settle down in a week or so

ilovespinach Thu 28-May-09 13:16:04

will try again today with the nappy then

Welsummer Thu 04-Jun-09 22:53:06

My daughter did the same, and it took her a good few weeks of just taking a shower on her own whilst sat in the bath with the plug in to get over it. I then started introducing her baby brother to get in too and she then bace more absorbed in playing with him and now is absolutely fine in a bath again! Good luck...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now