loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone have an imaginary friend?

(9 Posts)
Orinoco Fri 06-May-05 20:48:14

Message withdrawn

Milliways Fri 06-May-05 20:51:06

Mt Friends DD had an imaginary friend & 2 ponies!!

When we went to park, this friend had to have her own swing & be pushed. Heaven help another child who tried to sit on her!

She disappeared once school started, never to be seen again.

Mirage Fri 06-May-05 20:51:56

Both myself & my sister had imaginary friends who lived in our toy cupboard.They were called Jaffa & Jenna,according to my mum & apparently we firmly believed that they were real.I can't remember when we finally decided that they didn't exist,so this probably isn't much help to you.

feelingold Fri 06-May-05 20:55:49

my ds is nearly 5 and he has had an imaginary friend for about 2 years now, he doesn't talk to him he just talks about him eg "xxxx is coming to take me out to play football today or did you just see that big lorry xxxx was driving it". During the last couple of months when people have asked my ds about his 'friend' he has started telling people that he is not real.
I think it is just a phase that they will grow out of and if it helps them I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

lilsmum Fri 06-May-05 21:06:11

you are all prob gonna pysl, but i loved he-man when i was little. he was my imaginary friend and my mum said (i can even remember doing it!) that i used to turn around while sat in the front seat of the car and talk to him, i also used to snuggle into the back seat, thinking it was him and

pmsl

MarsLady Fri 06-May-05 21:12:17

DD2 has had an imaginary friend for about 3 years. His name is Dunny Dun. He pops up every so often. He does amazing things. He can drive a car and apparently he taught her. She's 6. A few months ago he had a baby sister. Couldn't believe it. Bad enough that Dunny Dun keeps coming by with a blimming sister! lol

unicorn Fri 06-May-05 21:12:22

I did!
probably about 5/6/7 at time...
just helped execise my imagination I think, as I don't recall it (no name I remember) appearing in times of stress- just probably times of boredom (my siblings were all a bit older than me)

Don't think it's a problem really - just a sign of a 'fertile' imagination!!... get her doing some drama classes!

unicorn Fri 06-May-05 21:13:16

that is age 5, 6 or 7 (not the amount of imaginary friends!!!!!!!!!!!! lol)

Rarrie Sun 08-May-05 17:09:15

I had an imaginary friend for years - Auntie Beryl came everywhere with me!!! I used to scream when my brother used to sit on her! And I could see her until I was quite old. I still know what she looks like now!!

But don't worry, apparrently, its a sign of intelligence!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now