Talk

Advanced search

whine whine whine whine whine!!!

(11 Posts)
haven Tue 03-May-05 19:29:42

oh geez...my ds almost 23 months..whines and whines and throws himself on the floor or the ground all the time!!! it is making me NUTS!!!

he once was this fairly passive child and still is when things or perfect..now...oh man!!! squeals like an infant...drives me CRAZY!!!

any advice...when does this end...he is spoiled but we haven't taught him this...quite the oposite...instead of holloring i would get his attention and calmly get what i needed from him..now it seems the more patient i am the more he pushes his luck...

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 19:31:11

treat it like a tantrum

ignore, put on whiney step, ignore

Heleen Tue 03-May-05 19:32:54

He knows how to get your attention. Don't worry about this, this is fixable. All mums have to deal with this, it is just a phase.
Watch Channel4 @ 21.00 hrs, that will surely give you some useful hints how to deal with him.
It's not easy, but it does work!
Kind regards
Heleen

Aragon Tue 03-May-05 19:37:29

He's pushing boundries that's all. He's realised that he has the ability to change what happens around him and is trying this power out. It's a phase - they all go through it. Mine is 2y4m and an absolute megastar at throwing himself to the floor and rolling around - honestly, I'm expecting a call from the Italian football squad any day - he'd be a dream recruit. I won't mention that he bangs his head on the floor - less often recently as he's discovered it gets no response from Mummy.

Heleen Tue 03-May-05 19:40:43

I know, it can really make me extremely cross sometimes!

haven Tue 03-May-05 19:47:55

i do ignore him. but my insides just seem to twist when i hear him..i don't give him what he wants..

dd..now 8..never ever acted this way..she was probably the dream child..(after the first year..she didn't like to sleep to much at first..)no temper tantrums..never dug into things..very quick to pick up new stuff..

DS is the very opposite....LORD help me get past the toddler years..my cousin has two boys and she warned me...

bobbybob Tue 03-May-05 20:10:45

I read a book where it was described as "persistence" I feel a lot better since reading that.

We want our kids to grow up to stick at things - okay so right now it's a horrible whiney voice - but it's a good sign honest.

haven Tue 03-May-05 20:15:15

thanks

stitch Tue 03-May-05 20:21:05

my dd is like this. constant whineing.
it is completely exhausting. sorry no help, but as she is my third kid, i do know from experience that they do grow out of it. many many grey hairs later...

nailpolish Tue 03-May-05 20:24:05

sorry had to laugh at twigs whiney step. is it a different step from the naughty step?

seriously though, my 30 mth old dd1 is a whiner. i treat it like a bit of bad behaviour/tantrum too. same thing, naughty step

kaytee Tue 03-May-05 22:59:57

"squeals like an infant" - haven at 23m he is an infant...it will pass soon enough. Stay calm and ignore what you can. Just blank it out.

PS. I have 3 boys...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now