Talk

Advanced search

4 months and waking more at night

(9 Posts)
LadyBear Wed 13-May-09 08:43:34

hello- 1st post after a bit of lurking My DS is 4 months and a chunky monkey- 20lb ish. He's always woken in the night ( I count that as between 12 and 6) at 3 am, but has started to wake at 1ish, half 2,4 etc... last feed prior to this is normally around 11pm. BF. The only way to get back to sleep seems to be feeding. I guess it could be yet another growth spurt or is it time to try some formula milk in the evening? I"m sure I produce less at night. I've been eyeing up that aptamil extra hungry stuff.. or is it a phase? I'm not a fan of leaving him to cry, too early i think.. thanks in advance for any thoughts!

MrsJamin Wed 13-May-09 08:50:51

Classic 4 month growth spurt. Just hold on, and ride it out!

idontbelieveit Wed 13-May-09 09:03:08

I would agree with mrsjamin. Remember giving formula does not mena he'll definitely sleep through either.smile

littleboyblue Wed 13-May-09 09:03:10

I agree a growth spurt. Fairly normal at 4 months. My ds2 is ff, and is feeding every 3 hours, he is now 13 weeks, but I don't tink his is a growth spurt, because am sure he just had one!

LadyBear Wed 13-May-09 09:17:24

ah cool. I just checked out that kellymom site and there is a article called 'wakeful 4 month olds'! we're normal! I can deal with the lack of sleep (cake helps) its the feeling I'm doing summat wrong thats the tricky one!

HarryB Thu 14-May-09 21:27:18

Ladybear, just been through the same with my DS when he hit 4 months a couple of weeks ago. I swear he just seemed to grow bigger overnight, and I could really see it. I agree with everyone else. Only lasted 3 days with my DS and he was back to normal - but in bigger clothes grin.

Nellybell Wed 03-Jun-09 16:23:53

My DD is doing this too, she is 4 and a half months now but has been waking every 4 hours exactly every night for the last 2 weeks except last night when it was 10:30pm, 1:30am and 3:50am thn 7am. Can a growth spurt last 2 weeks?

sarahrhianna Thu 04-Jun-09 08:19:12

thank goodness for this thread! have a DS aged 3 months and has gone from sleeping right through the night (luck me i know, but have been on the otherside with DD who was an awful sleeper) to getting up twice in the night for the last couple. Could be coincidence but been since 12 wk injections. I am praying its a growth spurt and he will settle again. DD is now 2yrs and gets up at 6am everyday so being up all night with DS is not fun!

Nellybell Thu 04-Jun-09 08:50:30

Sarahrhianna, I know how you feel. I have a DS aged 2.8 and he is v light sleeper in the mornings so this morning when DD woke for feed at 5am, guess who trotted into our room at 5:20am and that was it, he's now up for the day despite trying to get him back to sleep.
With DD, I'm not sure whether to just feed when she wants or whether to try and shush pat her back to sleep without feed at 2am. I don't want her to get used to feeding then and I have been giving her more in the day in the hope she won't wake at night but think it is a habit now as it has lasted 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now