Talk

Advanced search

Started spitting food out

(5 Posts)
kbaby Mon 02-May-05 19:12:22

DD who is 11 months has started spitting her food out and blowing rasberries while im feeding her. She eats her desserts no problem.

I dont know how to deal with it.
Do I just ignore it and stop feeding her, but then wont she be hungry?
Do I stop feeding her and give her the dessert?

Today she has eaten about 4 mouthfuls of food b4 spitting it out and laughing.

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 19:12:48

Does she have any finger food?

(I'm not stalking you, honest! )

nicky111 Mon 02-May-05 19:20:19

my dd started doing that the day she turned six months and I have had to give her finger food with her meals ever since. Some mealtimes she will only eat grated cheese (she is nine months now.) I offer her a meal and some finger food like steamed broccoli and carrot and then, when most of it ends up on the floor, fill her up with fruit and full fat natural yoghurt. She also likes strips of chicken and flakes of fish. Oh, and peas. But mostly cheese. Anyway you are not alone - I just try not to get stressed about it.

Frizbe Mon 02-May-05 19:55:37

Oh dd has just started doing this in the last week! 18mths yesterday! I'm just going for the ignore tactic, I think she's trying to get a reaction out of me/pudding, neither of which is working, no eating of dinner, no pudding, evil mummy

sollie1979 Wed 04-May-05 14:28:10

Hi

I've found that my son starts spitting out food when he is thirsty. If I give him a drink he usually resumes eating.

Also, their own spoon or finger foods are a good idea - veg, soldier of toast, breadstick, etc.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now