Talk

Advanced search

any suggestions?

(5 Posts)
charleepeters Mon 02-May-05 15:05:20

Hi its me again with ANOTHER develpment question! does anyone have any suggestions on encouraging ds to be more active hes 8 months and all he seems to want to do is go in his walker or sit on the floor and rattle his toys. i dont know what else babys his age are ment to be starting to do and i know everybaby develops at there own time, but my hv said hes got to learn to roll from his back to front and if he doesnt he wont crawl but he can only go from front to back, he does try the other way but cant seem to go that last little bit to get over, he can stand if i out him up against the table or sofa so he can hold on. im just a big worrier and if i tell dh or my mum my worrys the just tell me to shut up and stop being stupid, do you think he sound ok for his age? im not being a pushy mother by the way as i was accused of last time by some people, i do genuanly worry about him hes my first and all my sisters kids are girls so i dont have any experience with baby boys any advice would be much apreciated thanks.

sallystrawberry Mon 02-May-05 15:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charleepeters Mon 02-May-05 15:17:44

thanks ss yes i do put his toys just out of his reach and he does try bless him he can get nearly over but just cant get that little extra bit, theres no mother and baby groups in my area except one which is only on once a months and only a couple of people go to it and i have no transport to go anywhere out of walking distance.
that wasnt my normal heath visitor who said that its just i didnt think babies HAD to roll over to crawl apparently some babies dont crawl they bum shuffle or just walk, its just ds really hates being on his front he cries after seconds of being down there. i know hes probablyno the only one whos a bit on the lazy side i just worry hes going to be slow. which i know sounds mean because hes probably smart in other ways like he makes loads of sounds like hes trying really hard to talk and he can wiggle to get places over my knee on the sofa and stuff, i just wanted some one to reassure me and actually listen with out telling me im being stupid. thanks ss

sallystrawberry Mon 02-May-05 15:22:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charleepeters Mon 02-May-05 15:30:33

thanks for putting my min at rest ss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now