Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A question about dummies .....

(6 Posts)
ghosty Sat 30-Apr-05 05:14:41

DD has had a dummy since she was 3 weeks old (she is 15 months now) ...
I have always bought the Tommee Tippee plain blue, red and yellow ones with the orthodontic teat ... 0 - 6 month size.
I never bothered getting the bigger 6 - 18 month size because the teats seem so massive. I bought one once and chucked it because she gagged on it ...
Anyway, we have noticed that her two front teeth are set a little bit forward of the ones next to them ...
I know that some dentists say that dummies cause sticky out teeth and some say not ... so I am not after a debate about that ...
BUT ... should we have gone onto the bigger dummies for this reason? Have the smaller dummies caused her teeth to come forward a bit? Should I get the bigger size now?
Am NOT ready to ditch the dummies completely yet, she loves her dummies and we use them sensibly ... they live in her cot and she only uses them to sleep with, she never has them when she is awake and playing ...
TIA ...

Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 05:20:40

I don't know if this will really make a difference. TBH I have always thought that they are only their baby teeth and they will lose them anyway. I don't see how not moving to a bigger size would have done anything. Is she happy enough with them the size they are? DD still has one in bed and she is 3.5

ghosty Sat 30-Apr-05 10:18:05

Thanks Titania ...
I was just wondering if the bigger size was needed to avoid the sticky out teeth thing ...
But, true, they lose their baby teeth anyway don't they ... didn't think of that ...

compo Sat 30-Apr-05 10:22:48

Hi Ghosty. I agree with Titania. I think if she is happy with the size she's got now that's fine. I really don't think changing the dummy would have affected her teeth

bobbybob Sun 01-May-05 07:19:46

Ds has got sticky out front teeth and he has never had a dummy.

winnie65 Tue 10-May-05 09:05:09

i worried about this with mine, she had the small orthodontic ones and she was fine, had them just for sleeps and her teeth are all straight. Also, if you take it away, they might go onto the thumb, which you can't take away and causes alot more damage. Many of my friends who had thumb suckers have warned me of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now