Talk

Advanced search

How do I get my 3 year old to fall asleep in his own bed?

(2 Posts)
youngmum26 Thu 28-Apr-05 22:17:56

Hey folks,

My 3 year old DS currently falls asleep on the sofa in front of the telly. DH and I then wait for him to fall into a deep sleep then carry him up to his bedroom.

We have recently managed to wean him off his dummy (yay!) and once asleep and in his bed, he sleeps and stays there all night. So you see, this one aspect of his bedtime routine (i.e. not falling asleep in his actual bed) is the one area where I'm falling down now.

I've just bought the Little Angels book and have read the chapter on sleep and am encouraged by it. But to be honest, I'm dreading implementing this and know it will be hard work. But it's hard work needing done.

Was just looking for some words of encouragement and advice from those of you who maybe have just been through something similar.

TIA

xxx

KBear Thu 28-Apr-05 22:20:34

why not let him have a children's tape player in his bedroom, let him choose some story tapes from the library and bribe him that way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now