Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HORRIFIED....

(20 Posts)
Donbean Tue 26-Apr-05 18:24:25

This morning while ds was having his breakfast i was washing up at the sink thinking my thoughts.
DS had his spoon in one hand, tucking into his weetabix, and his toy drill in the other hand. APPARENTLY his breakfast bowl needed to be fixed with said drill on account of it bieng "brokened". (it wasnt but who am i to argue....?)
When suddenly ds let out a shrill cry...at full blast.....

"FATTY,FATTY,FATTY!"

Hm, completely horrified and shocked that even my 21 month old baby had noticed my slight weight gain (2stone 7lbs) i stood, mouth agape glaring at him.
It was then that i noticed him waving his toy drill in the air....shouting...

"BATTERY,BATTERY,BATTERY"
Apparently the battery was dead.
Oh.....i said in a relieved tone....and put down the rolling pin swinging from my white knuckled hand........

Whizzz Tue 26-Apr-05 18:25:29

Gillian76 Tue 26-Apr-05 18:25:53

Don't you just love them!

MarsLady Tue 26-Apr-05 18:27:37

PMSL Wiping tears from my eyes!

Frizbe Tue 26-Apr-05 18:28:34

RnB Tue 26-Apr-05 18:30:58

Message withdrawn

Donbean Tue 26-Apr-05 18:35:37

Its a daily struggle combing his hair over his horns and shoving shoes over his hooves.
He is hells ambasador on earth im convinced of it.

Titania Tue 26-Apr-05 18:37:11

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Donbean Wed 27-Apr-05 09:41:48

All is forgiven, but today when i changed his bum, he is red raw. He cries when im trying to change him, obviously its hurting him allot. Ive put sudocrem on and im changing him more frequently. It seems to coincide with me using tescos own nappy brand. He has never had a sore bottom and isnt a "rashy" type child. So any suggestions or advice on how to heal this poor little sore chappy? It doesnt seem to be getting any better and he has had it for about 5 days now.

elsmommy Wed 27-Apr-05 09:48:14

Leave him nappyless as much as poss!!!
He'll love it

jabberwocky Wed 27-Apr-05 09:48:38

DS had a really bad reaction to the ointment they gave us for thrush. It looked like his bottom was burnt! Anyway, I wound up putting him in the shower and using one of those handheld shower nozzles to clean him after a poo because wipes were so painful to him. When he had only had a wee I would use cloth wipes dipped in water only. Weleda makes a great Calendula cream for healing little chapped bottoms.

jabberwocky Wed 27-Apr-05 09:49:31

Oh, yes, elsmommy is right. Naked time is also great for this!

Donbean Wed 27-Apr-05 09:52:35

im not so sure about nappyless....did you not read how evil he is, he would leave me evil little presents all over the house!LOL
I think the shower idea is a good one.
I will do that today i think. Bless him its awful when i know im causeing him pain, awful.
(however....sweet revenge)

Donbean Wed 27-Apr-05 09:52:56

kidding, obviously about the revenge!

PsychoFlame Wed 27-Apr-05 10:26:43

jabberwocky Wed 27-Apr-05 10:28:17

Hope it helps, poor little evil boy...

paulahawki Wed 27-Apr-05 19:11:42

Donbean - its lovely to ready a message that makes you laugh
I read your message on nappy rash - my ds had his first bad bout of nappy rash after changing to tesco nappies!! as you say sudocrem just didnt get rid of it my hv suggested I try Metanium - you can get it at the chemist of supermarket. Its a really thick yellow ointment and it appeared to create a barrier over the sores that had developed, healed in about 4-5 days but you could see it shrinking all the time. Hope this helps.

jane313 Wed 27-Apr-05 19:19:56

that was very funny. I second metanium, its magic.

What sort of toy drill has he got? I wanted to get one for my 22 month old but they all seeem for 3+ and he puts everything in his mouth and chews it still

Donbean Sun 01-May-05 10:18:15

Black and decker. It does have small parts which i have hidden, but im sure his evil supernatural powers will help him to locate said parts and use them in his quest for world domination.....

wavingordrowning Sun 01-May-05 19:05:50

Donbean - several thoughts (for what they're worth).
1) Loved the story. Reminds me of being called a "Fattist" by my then 3-year old DD. When I queried this, she said it was because I was being very bossy. Still can't work out if my admiration for her advanced vocab was completely ruled out by the shock of being called a fascist.
2) Can quite believe it re Tesco's nappies - we had same problem on DS
3) Yup Metanium or, if you can't face everything it touches turning yellow, then try Bepanthen.
4) Have you tried making your own baby wipes? Sounds shockingly pc but DS has v sensitive skin and I only use wipes sparingly. Soak cut up cloths (jeye cloths are good) in a mixture of camomile tea and Evening primrose oil. If you're interested the nappy lady website has a section on this (www.thenappylady.co.uk)
5) Please don't ever let your DS (who is, I'm sure, really great) marry my DD - their offspring would be truly terrifying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now