Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

o.k. another qestion? slapping himself?

(7 Posts)
haven Tue 26-Apr-05 04:14:36

ds..is a head banger..but lately he started slapping himself in the face sometimes and at night he will hit himself in the private...pretty hard i might add....

emmamama Tue 26-Apr-05 14:00:10

I can't help I'm afraid but my ds (4) has started slapping himself on his face too, for no apparent reason. When I've asked himself why he's doing it he just laughs and normally runs off laughing. What's all that about? He has even left marks on himself.

I've never caught him doing it in private (that's the idea I suppose), but do you thin it mught just be a phase? His head banging only lasted a few months. What if he went to school with great big hand marks on his face [shock???

haven Tue 26-Apr-05 22:35:42

LOL....HE hits his "Private Parts"....

DaddyCool Wed 27-Apr-05 12:40:04

how old is he?

justtheone Wed 27-Apr-05 12:56:30

I saw an older friend of my DS hitting his own face with an open hand about a month ago. Then DS (nearly 4) did it a few times last week. He seems to hit the upper part of his face with the palm of his hand and then he laughs. I assumed that he saw other children doing it and getting a laugh, so he thought he would do the same and check my reaction.... not positive! Maybe they have picked it up from something on TV? I did not make a big issue about it and DS has not done it since.

bloss Wed 27-Apr-05 13:20:23

Message withdrawn

fastasleep Wed 27-Apr-05 13:24:28

My 14 month old runs around slapping his head and cheeks all the time, and if he gets angry he'll headbutt a wall or his cot etc...he also hits himself in the privates and grins, and generally pulls his nappy off and plays with himself at every opportunity what have I created!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now