Talk

Advanced search

DS (3.8) thinks he faster/stronger/can fly

(2 Posts)
Azure Mon 25-Apr-05 14:09:42

In the last couple of months, DS (3.8) has started to seriously exaggerate his abilities. He frequently says he is a superhero, can fly, is faster or stronger than everyone else, is a knight. At first it was sweet and we kind of went along with it, but now it's going too far and he's started to tell other children these things - not surprisingly they're telling him no he can't. He also says he been somewhere / done something before he was born (e.g. I was telling him how I rode a camel once, and he said "I've done that"). We've started to emphasise that these things are not really true, but he gets into a real strop if you say so. He started at a new pre-school in February and is quite shy, so I was wondering whether it is a defense mechanism as he hasn't made any special friends yet. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

colditz Mon 25-Apr-05 14:17:40

I haven't experienced this as mine is only 2, but I think the other children will soon correct him when he boasts! That's what 4 year olds are like, (whispers, especially girls, shhh!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: