Talk

Advanced search

3 month old DD wont settle

(2 Posts)
ZoeP Fri 22-Apr-05 10:08:53

My 3 month old has always been very difficult to settle. We have an established bedtime routine which we have been doing since she was 6 weeks. At bedtime she is bathed or washed, fed and put down. Thats when all hell breaks loose and we then spend 45 mins running up and down trying to settle her. I dont talk to her or take her out of the cot (unless she looks like she has trapped wind which is alot as she is very windy), she wont settle in there at all during the day and sleeps in her swing. She will take a dummy occasionally. Once she is asleep then she is fine and when I wake her for her 10.30pm feed she goes straight back down no bother. Does anyone have any suggestions?

vivie Fri 22-Apr-05 13:42:04

sounds like she might be over tired. Putting her to bed 1/2 hour earlier muight help. Perhaps sleeping more in the day would help too. My ds2 (now 5 months) gets overtired very easily and can be hard to settle, but hang in there, it will get easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now