Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teddy chewer

(3 Posts)
maximillion Thu 21-Apr-05 21:03:06

My 3 yr old is very attached (quite literally) to the teddy she has since birth. Which would be cute, except she chews his ear and has developed a scabby 'teddy mouth' on one side of her face which not only looks horrible but is also red, flaky and sore. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics which didn't touch it, and I have tried various creams, Vaseline etc., also methods of trying to get her to stop chewing it. Have not had the heart yet to take him away completely. Does anyone have any ideas for 'magic creams' or for methods to stop the chewing? Have tried so far - hiding the teddy, star charts, threats, and 'cuddle him instead' tactics, all to no avail. Help!

trix Thu 21-Apr-05 21:06:35

Take the ears off the teddy!?

LIZS Thu 21-Apr-05 21:10:07

dd (3 1/2) does this too. Her comforter teddy has now got threads for an outer skirt where she has chewed and sucked it into disintgration and bald ears . It has got worse in the last 6 months and she sucks her thumb. No amount of bribery (sorry reward charts!), or cajoling has worked so far but she doesn't seem to suffer skin-wise at least. Let me know if you find any magic answers but sympathy in the meantime !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now